Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2019 BOINC Pentathlon

Yes, but I mean if only the third best day is counted, we should coordinate to focus on just three days, since if we ran all five, the lowest two would be wasted. Also, which sub-project of yoyo is the most efficient on Linux, or is there no real speed benefit to any like there is with Zika?

Quote Originally Posted by SuicideCabbage View Post
    Yes, but I mean if only the third best day is counted, we should coordinate to focus on just three days, since if we ran all five, the lowest two would be wasted. Also, which sub-project of yoyo is the most efficient on Linux, or is there no real speed benefit to any like there is with Zika?
    Yoyo Sieve was the only Yoyo subproject with enough work to be able to fill a machine, but it seems they're building up for their cruncher subproject
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 05-03-2019 at 08:42 PM.

BTW: Select for NFS only this application (16e Lattice Sieve V5): lasieve5f - used for huge factorizations, uses up to 1 GB memory. Much more credit per hour crunching than the other two active applications
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 05-03-2019 at 11:24 PM.

13 hours from now the Marathon starts....

So can we pre-crunch and then release results at start time or do they only count work downloaded after start?

Quote Originally Posted by euphoriabuzz View Post
    So can we pre-crunch and then release results at start time or do they only count work downloaded after start?
    They can't do that while making one-day spurts of it, so indeed: pre-crunch and let loose (the so-called 'bunkering', at which some SUSA members excel in).

In fact I just received a mail from Rechenkraft.net saying so in German: "Die ersten Projekte sind bereits bekannt und es darf gebunkert werden"
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 05-04-2019 at 10:59 PM.

I'll try and help a little on WCG as i'm off work i'm not able to run the full fleet.

I've got three pages of pending validation for OpenZika by now. No doubt Jason can do even better than that, even with a partial fleet.

Dirk where do I find my pending tasks?

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    Dirk where do I find my pending tasks?
    https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/m...Time&pageNum=1

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast