Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2019 BOINC Pentathlon

Quote Originally Posted by SuicideCabbage View Post
    In progress (1331) · Validation pending (1290) · Validation inconclusive (0) · Valid (63)

Keep me posted if native validates any faster, this is ridiculous.
    I've gotten SixTrack (42), ATLAS (12) and Theory Native (8) WUs: In progress (10) · Validation pending (22) · Validation inconclusive (0) · Valid (25) · Invalid (1) · Error (4)

The four errors are all 'Native' on an Ubuntu box that wasn't yet adapted. The other four have validated

All completed ATLAS WUs -except one- have validated too.

Of the 42 SixTracks WUs 16 are valid, 22 are Validation pending and 4 are In progress

Now I get a message in BOINC Manager - Postponed: VM job unmanageable, restarting later (8 cpus).
    Workunit is at 72% done

This LHC project is a pain in the behind.

are my points showing up on NFS? i don't want this lack of memory i'm suffering thru being for nothing

Yes plonk420 they are showing up on bok's stats site at stats.free-dc.org

Quote Originally Posted by plonk420 View Post
    i don't want this lack of memory i'm suffering thru being for nothing
    I have an Ubuntu system with four 4GB sticks that shows up as 8GB, no matter what combination of RAM slots or modules I try (A1-B1: 4GB, A2-B2: 4GB, A1-A2: 4GB, B1-B2: 4GB, A1,A2,B1: 4GB, A1-B1+A2-B2: 4GB)
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 05-17-2019 at 08:22 AM.

bios up to date, os up to date? is the mobo compatible with that much ram/that type of ranking of ram? (dual/single rank) there was an interesting article about a guy trying to install 8GB DIMMs on a board for Windows i read recently... i think he had to tweak GRUB to get it working

The same mobo and RAM sticks were installed before running Windows 10 -all 16GB. It is my i7 3770 system.

did you reseat/transplant the CPU recently? i've heard of people losing some memory channels with an improperly seated LGA CPU (including Threadripper ...tho a mod on the AMD Discord has installed/reinstalled multiple TRs without an issue like that)

Quote Originally Posted by plonk420 View Post
    did you reseat/transplant the CPU recently? i've heard of people losing some memory channels with an improperly seated LGA CPU (including Threadripper ...tho a mod on the AMD Discord has installed/reinstalled multiple TRs without an issue like that)
    I've placed a Cooler Master 212 EVO on it, replacing the stock cooler. I've since reseated that cooler (to no avail), as I may have tightened it too much.
    Note that all RAM slots function, and all RAM sticks too. It is just that they don't add up. The SPD tool in the BIOS of the ASUS P8Z68-V sees four 4GB sticks, but the BIOS reports only 8GB.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 05-18-2019 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    Our 3rd result at NFS is at the moment 319,786 which, with some effort, can be upgraded to 347,908 -at max. This could hypothetically advance us one position at the cost of the Boinc@Mixies, but they only need to improve their 340,854 a tiny bit in order to stay ahead of us. Behind us there's BOINC.Italy, but they can't go higher than 314,072 so we're safe from them. We are not safe from the Cooler Master-sponsored Meisterkühler though, nor from the Linus Tech Tips Team -if those popy-jopy Linus videos aren't bad enough- so I expect us to drop two places actually here.
    We did indeed drop two places, but where Meisterkühler didn't deliver, LITOMYSL did.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast