Thread: anyone want to register a team on SheepIt? (non-BOINC)

anyone want to register a team on SheepIt? (non-BOINC)

https://www.sheepit-renderfarm.com

...it's kind of like BURP, but without the Creative Commons requirements. still has points, tho!

thanks!

does it look like people have to be accepted to join?

Yes it seems I have to manually accept each request to join, that is a bit tedious.

I find this application runs really hot on my little laptop so have set it to use just 2 cores at the lowest priority in the settings.

EDIT:
    Wow what a dumb project, it runs out of work regularly so my computers are sitting idle, when it has work it burns the CPUs up with excessive heat so one has to cut the number of active cores running. Now they're all "sleeping" waiting for more work units.
    Last edited by vaughan; 05-20-2019 at 08:23 AM. Reason: add edit

do you have a way to track how much ram it uses? i've allowed it 12GB but not sure i actually need to...

so btw, if anyone wants to render a large Blender project, send it to me or Vaughn as we have points to pay for rendering (or a higher priority rendering)

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    Wow what a dumb project, it runs out of work regularly so my computers are sitting idle, when it has work it burns the CPUs up with excessive heat so one has to cut the number of active cores running. Now they're all "sleeping" waiting for more work units.
    ah, yeah, might be a back pocket project in case someone gets bored. at least we're top 100 or so (not sure yet if the teams list resets every month)
    Last edited by plonk420; 05-24-2019 at 06:07 AM.