Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 7nm Ryzen out TODAY!

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by plonk420 View Post
    heh, i assume you'll run as many PSUs at 240 as you can (for efficiency)?
    Yup, that is the long term plan, although right now everything is still a mess and rigged up to the regular 120V circuit. Need to invest in some more power equipment. When all is said and done the 120V circuit will be dedicated for the AC only, and the 240 for the computing equipment, including the few bits and pieces that will have to work at 120V via the stepdown transformer.

Well here is my Ryzen 9 3900X

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    Well here is my Ryzen 9 3900X

See the emerald AMD-shine....drool...

It is not setup for BOINC yet as I'm trying to find a case that will fit the humongously complicated ASUS crosshair VIII formula X570 motherboard. It is way overkill for a "cruncher" but I wanted a top-of-the-line X570 chipset motherboard to accompany the (current) top-of-the-line AM4 CPU.

It is a shame the motherboard manufacturers don;t make crunching focussed motherboards. What I mean is I don't want pretty lights or ultra high quality sound card options, I just want pure speed and heat control.

You're in luck: the ASUS board is standard ATX. the Gigabyte Aorus X570 XTREME and MSI Prestige X570 Creation are EATX
    Perhaps the ASRock X570M Pro4 would be more to your taste, it is Micro-ATX (µATX) and seemingly devoid of RGB. Plonk240 might object, VRM-wise...

well, for your NEXT X570 (lol), i think most if not all X570s have beefy enough VRMs to last forever...

here's Buildzoid's analysis of Asus's lineup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqHd_tFqvj0 ...even their $160 X570 (X570-P) seems to be good

here's a couple other (repost): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...vid=1925177101

and 33 from Anandtech: https://www.anandtech.com/show/14161...ard-overview/2

BOINC is installed and its running Primegrid - Proth Prime Search-LLR. Approximately 52 minutes per task, one task per thread (ie 24 tests per 52 minutes).
    Stock cooler CPU temp 94C according to CPUIDs HWMonitor v1.40. Unfortunately, Speccy v1.32.740 doesn't reveal the CPU temp.

maybe try HWInfo64, too? i like it a lot... (the GPU is a lot more detailed if it's not integrated)

It is a shame the motherboard manufacturers don;t make crunching focussed motherboards. What I mean is I don't want pretty lights or ultra high quality sound card options, I just want pure speed and heat control.
    I don't know about the heat control, but you should perhaps look at the lineup of Asrock Rack motherboards. No pretty lights or sound cards, just server boards. Gigabyte has a likewise line.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 07-14-2019 at 11:50 PM.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    BOINC is installed and its running Primegrid - Proth Prime Search-LLR. Approximately 52 minutes per task, one task per thread (ie 24 tests per 52 minutes).
    Stock cooler CPU temp 94C according to CPUIDs HWMonitor v1.40. Unfortunately, Speccy v1.32.740 doesn't reveal the CPU temp.
    wait... is that a typo or did you really mean CPU Temp at 94 degrees Celsius? That's about to burst in flames!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast