Thread: RGB or no RGB, that is the Question

RGB or no RGB, that is the Question

Pretty much every single part of a computer can nowadays be bought with RGB lightning either on, or in it.
    And not everybody thinks that it is necessary -me for instance.

But the last and greatest of AMD's Socket AM4 chipsets -the X570- has brought a change in the portfolio of motherboard makers:
    no longer is it that only the low-end boards are devoid of carnival lights, some selected high-end boards get the 'sans lights' feature too.

Asrock: as far as you can speak of 'low-end' with X570 chipset boards, there's the ASRock X570M Pro4, but there's the far more expensive ASRock X570 Creator too.

ASUS: the 'low-end' Asus Prime X570-P vs the 'work station' Asus Pro WS X570-ACE

MSI has the MSI X570-A Pro and the MEG X570 Unify, rumour has it that out-of-the-box even the MSI MEG X570 Godlike has no lights of its own...

Gigabyte lastly has the Gigabyte X570 UD as 'low-end' RGB-less X570 board.

The MSI boards I have used have the option to turn it off which is nice, but still an added cost. The latest one I built, the RGB had the option to change the color with the temp of the CPU. I could see this as being a useful feature of RGB as a quick glance could tell you if they are running hotter then normal.

My recent Asrock boards provide a RGB header, and (Windows) software: more than enough for me to not use RGB.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    I'll take no-RGB any day of the week. Give me a plain black case, beige/brown Noctua Fans and that's all the colors I need.