Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Seti Germany's BOINC Pentathlon 2020 edition

Quote Originally Posted by dannyridel View Post
    What about ibercivis? It's going to start tomorrow.
    Choices, choices. When in doubt, run them all. Anyway, the 4th throw ends tonight and the fifth throw is on the last day.

My opinion is to go full on for the throw, since this will probably be our 3rd worst/best throw. And then switch to ibercivis when comfortable. Don't just slump because we've overtaken our previous 3rd best.
    Last edited by dannyridel; 05-15-2020 at 03:13 PM.

Indeed. Presently our 3rd throw is the second of 51.325 credits, a score that will leave us in the back of the field for this event after the 5th throw. We need 100k+ today and on the 5th throw in order to stay #20, otherwise we fall back to #23 or #24. I'm going all-out for two days now:
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 05-15-2020 at 03:17 PM.

I'm currently unable to add computers to Ibercivis 2nd iteration. Their server seems overloaded. Poor choice by Seti Germany should have opted for the much larger project WCG.

Looks like Ibercivis (2nd iteration) is another useless project that is unable to cope with the Pentathlon (like Universe). I am hammering away at trying to add computers but the thing times out.
    It really annoys me that project administrators don't invest some decent dollars in robust equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    Looks like Ibercivis (2nd iteration) is another useless project that is unable to cope with the Pentathlon (like Universe). I am hammering away at trying to add computers but the thing times out.
    It really annoys me that project administrators don't invest some decent dollars in robust equipment.
    My Ryzen 7 1700 is swamped with them

The following is what I recommend of the last stage of the Pentathlon done (you have your own freedom of choice, take this as just a suggestion):
    So today we can boost our Cross country score to around no.16 or no.17, since I've seen what we can do (end of city run) when we really want to do it. Since I have problems with Ibercivis too, we can just leave the computers that are currently on ibercivis to continue and use the rest like this:
    05.17-05.18 00:00UTC: Rosetta
    05.18-05.19 00:00UTC: NumberFields, switch to ibercivis for a strong ending boost (after we overtook 95k credits in numberfields)

@vaughan: you could add projects one or two days before the challenge starts
    Last edited by dannyridel; 05-16-2020 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyridel View Post
    @vaughan: you could add projects one or two days before the challenge starts
    Yes I know but I was stupid and thought Ivercivis was installed. Unfortunately it was Ibercivis 1st iteration and the dummies running the project created the 2nd iteration using the original project's name. I had to detach and re-attach with the new URL. When the Pentathlon stared (around 10am my time) I was unable to connect for a while. Eventually I connected and got work. Now I think most of my fleet have switched from WCG C19 to Ibercivis2.

Well well, the machines that aren't on ibercivis yet could be switched to AMIC for an ending boost!
    I really think our full potential is more than no.20 on cross country. I really don't want it to be like city run again, and we should shoot for no.18 I'm sorry if I'm not able to run Amic since my machines have too less RAM.
    @vaughan: oh my god those admins. At least the server is keeping up better than universe
    Last edited by dannyridel; 05-16-2020 at 09:35 AM.

I managed to get Ibercivis2 on all the machines.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast