Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Seti Germany's BOINC Pentathlon 2020 edition

Quote Originally Posted by dannyridel View Post
    Now there's three of you!

I've spent a few hours Sat arvo just clicking retry uploads on my pharm. I'm done with this incompetent project (Universe).

Seriously I think we should ignore the next throw since we have chances of overtaking at the marathon (UBT and OCN) if we put enough effort into it, the other teams will focus on the throw so it can make way for our goal. Then we can concentrate on the next three throws. Sounds good?
    Last edited by dannyridel; 05-09-2020 at 02:50 PM.

Problem with outsitting this throw is that we MUST better our first throw three times in a row order to make any progress at the javelin event -for which we placed #13 so far, while we might be overtaken in the marathon by teams that already performed good throws. On the other hand we might make progress with the City Run event while others have their 2nd throw. I am in favour of Danny's plan. I will just shortly test a system that gave OpenCL errors upon the 1st try, for which I have installed the AMD APP SDK kit now.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 05-09-2020 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    I've spent a few hours Sat arvo just clicking retry uploads on my pharm. I'm done with this incompetent project (Universe).
    You can upload your whole farm -all uploads from all systems/projects- in two mouse-clicks using BOINC tasks...but I spend my friday evening/night clicking too! Seems a PCIe 2.0 x1 NIC in the Universe server is the culprit...
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 05-09-2020 at 05:40 PM.

I agree the Universe server is not up to the workload.

As of Sunday morning all my Universe tasks have uploaded and reported so my pharm is fully on Rosetta for CPUs and the GPUs split across Milkyway and Numberfields.

I can switch them to Amicable when the next tranche begins. I've always liked Amicable as it is reliable. Let's see how it copes with the onslaught that is the Pentathlon.

If it is true about the PCIe 2.0 x1 NIC, then they must have changed it for a PCIe 3.0 x4 NIC, not a single complaint over the last hours

Hmmm, I heard rumors that their tasks got longer...? I think we should go for #19 on city run.

I'll try to pass SuicideCabbage in the final hours, but I don't think we'll make it to #19
    Paul AMD is trying his utmost to make it happen at the moment
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 05-11-2020 at 07:50 PM.

Awww if only we had gone for it a lit bit earlier....
    Well I am looking forward to vaughan's GPUs and Amicable Numbers! We're currently 20 too, this could receive a boost.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast