Thread: WEP-M+2 server down

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

WEP-M+2 server down

WEP-M+2 was the subject of last 'Formula Boinc' sprint and its server couldn't bear the strain that the sprint brought upon it.

Time to evaluate the hardware, not only on Bearnol's side, but also at myself, as there is no work ATM. I already had decided to pull back all my ARM systems that had less than four cores as being not efficient enough. The rest is presently made out of six Raspberry Pi's from three generations. The ARM Cortex-A7 Pi 2's bring both 300-350 credits a day; the ARM Cortex-A53 Pi 3's bring each 580-600 credits a day, while the ARM Cortex-A72 Pi 4's bring around 1120 credits a day.

I think it is time to pull back the Pi 2's too, and find another destination for them. The new 8 GB Pi 4 looks like a capable -and relatively cheap- alternative.
    I might split the Pi 'rack' into a 32- and a 64-bit 'rack' and even start an Android 'rack' -or two. Other candidates for the new racks are the RockPi 4, the Orange Pi 4, plus the Odroids C4 and N2.
    The 32-bit rack can be populated with the ASUS Tinker Board S, the Beaglebone AI and the Odroid XU4Q and perhaps even my Cubieboard 4, if it still works.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 06-09-2020 at 05:30 PM.