Thread: Asteroids@home News

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin

Asteroids@home News

Server outage resolved
    I am sorry for server outages which was happening recently. There were several factors which often caused lack of free space and some services crashed and I had to do an emergency shutdown on Saturday in order to fix everything so I couldn't inform you about it except for Twitter. There is still a hardware problem with one of servers which I have to fix but the server is not being used now so project should be stable now.

Radim Van?o (FoxKyong)

More...

The actual director of the project pulled out and left the whole thing to one person to handle. Absolutely amazing one person can perform this server duty plus have a life away from the lab as well.

If you really like a project that works well, consider donating some funds to the project. It does not have to be a huge amount. Consider $10.oo US or even $25.oo US to help keep the systems operational. Free-DC stays afloat because good people need their statistics compounding daily. Asteroids@Home has found themselves with eager new members and await the influx of funds to accomplish the goals we all hope will keep us all safe. Donate here: http://asteroidsathome.net/boinc/donations.php

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...