Hey everyone!

I'm sorry for the long hiatus, but I wanted to make sure you all know I'm still alive, but it's been quite a crazy year, as I'm sure it has been to everyone else as well...
I've been working myself crazy from home to stay away from Covid for the past... almost 6 months I think? I'm not sure exactly, time starts to warp and the days merge onto each others after the first 6 weeks without sunlight. Haven't had a haircut in about that much time either, so you can imagine how long is it. lol
In the midst of this my wife was diagnosed with cancer, had major surgery and was recovering for several months and doing chemo, but I believe she is about recovered now, just needs to build back her immune system again. Those chemo treatments were pretty harsh on her, but they're finally over! And because of that another reason why neither one of us can't even think of going out anywhere, we cannot risk her catching even a cold.
No need to talk about the news, I live in the USA, I'm sure everyone has heard everything about how crazy things have been here on a daily basis. I hear about people unfortunately dying but so far no one in the immediate family or friends. Mostly I hear it through work, as we are all included in the "Sad news" emails each week.
My company downsized and we lost about a third of our workforce already, but I'm blessed to still have a job and I will go above and beyond to hold onto it because this is a real bad time to lose it. I was in the unfortunate position of having to process the employee departures on our IT systems, so I've unfortunately seen every single name as they passed by, over a dozen per day sometimes. It seems to have stopped now thankfully.
All in all I can't complain, my wife is ok, we both still have jobs, none of us contracted Covid and neither our immediate families, and we're pushing through until this cursed year is over with.

So... how's everyone else been?