Thread: PrimeGrid News

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin

PrimeGrid News

International Bacon Day Challenge starts September 3rd
    In honor of the day arbitrarily chosen by three graduate students at the University of Colorado Boulder to celebrate this notorious breakfast meat, PrimeGrid will be running a 3-day PPSE-LLR challenge from 3 September 00:00 UTC to 6 September 00:00 UTC.Work units from the Proth Prime Search Extended (LLR) project, which are downloaded and completed during the challenge will count towards your challenge score.The work units are big enough to earn you a spot on the Top 5000 list if you score a prime, but small enough that your chances are as high as 1 in 30,000 per task! That might not sound like a lot, but an average 4-core CPU can churn out nearly 300 per day. Best of luck!Inquiries? Inspirations? Introspections? Do you have a finite Bacon Number? Tell us in the forum thread for this challenge: https://www.primegrid.com/forum_thread.php?id=9271

More...

The team is 6th after the first day:

Team still 6th, with 8 of us on the scoreboard now. 14 hours left. I'm hoping I don't find a prime in this challenge as I'm a vegetarian and don't like bacon anyway. Stupid challenge.

Could only find one link between bacon and prime:
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 09-05-2020 at 07:27 PM.