Challenge Name: THOR Challenge 2020 Y5-W2
    Created By: THOR Challenge 2020
    Open Challenge? What is an open challenge? No
    Start Date: 09/21/2020
    End Date: 09/27/2020
    Challenge Type: Run Time
    Late Entrants Allowed? No
    Challenge Project: All Projects

I'll try for a new Ryzen 3 3100 (testing one now in a new build for my daughter) or a Ryzen 5 3600 -if budget permits- for this challenge.
    'Budget' cpu R3 3100 keeps a nice pace against my old i7-3770...
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 09-17-2020 at 08:27 PM.

We are at day 4 of the second week and manage to keep just in the top-25 overall -which grants us another week of challenge-
    and the top-20 'Pure', which grants us a special battle against other pure teams in the fifth week of this challenge.
    Next challenge week may prove more difficult.....

OK I just switched 6 The Science Cloud 3 core instances from PG 321sieve to WCG so that is 18 cores added.

We made it in week two too, tada!

24th overall
    19th 'pure'

- At the end of this second week of challenge, the 25 best teams will be invited to the third week of challenge that will take place from Monday, October 05, 2020 to Sunday, October 11, 2020.
    Invitations will be sent to the Captains of the 25 best teams on Tuesday, September 29, 2020.

'Pure'
    At the end of the third week of the THOR Challenge, 20 teams will be selected to participate in a fifth week of challenge called THOR Challenge Pure.

Three conditions must be fulfilled in order to be eligible for the THOR Challenge Pure:
    1- Not to be a team affiliated (directly or indirectly) with a company, association, foundation, government agency, administration, university, college or school.
    2- Not to be a team rewarding the distributed computing of its volunteers financially.
    3- Have at least participated in the first week of the THOR Challenge (September 07 to September 13, 2020).

Among the eligible teams, the 20 teams that have accumulated the most Total Run Time during the first 3 weeks of challenge will be selected for the 5th week, the THOR Challenge Pure.

- This fifth week will take place from Monday, November 02, 2020 to Sunday, November 08, 2020.
    Invitations will be sent to the Captains of the 20 best teams on Tuesday, October 13, 2020.
    The team that wins the THOR Challenge Pure will be the one that have accumulated the most WCG Points in this fifth week.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 09-28-2020 at 08:28 PM.

I don't see us making it into the 4th week (we would need to jump up 15 places for that), but with a little effort we can make it to week five though, when only the 'pure' are to fight it out amongst themselves.
    We 'just' need to stay in the Pure top-20.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 10-02-2020 at 09:28 PM.

We can do it.

Not that long until it starts unfortunately.

I will have made some progress in PG as I am trying to get my 200M badge in 321_sr2Sieve. When I have that I can divert resources to WCG.
    I will switch some faster machines from SOB to the sieve sub-project so the slower machines can run WCG, seeing as the aim is time crunching not work completed in the THOR challenge.

I've re-activated my Raspberry Pi 2's and will try to revive my Cubieboard 4. The Linux Odroid-N2+ will be there too next week.
    The two Pi-2's take over for my 64-bit Pi-4 that will run WCG. I might convert the other two Pi-4's to 64-bit Raspbian OS too, as
    you now, with the latest version of the OS, seem to be able to boot them from M.2 SSD (provided that SSD is in a casing with USB 3.0 connector to the Pi).
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 10-05-2020 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    I don't see us making it into the 4th week (we would need to jump up 15 places for that), but with a little effort we can make it to week five though, when only the 'pure' are to fight it out amongst themselves.
    We 'just' need to stay in the Pure top-20.
    As predicted: we didn't make it to week four, the 'Overall Final', but we did make it to week five, the final for the 'Pure' teams (excluding Greedcoin/the Borg, other commercially based teams and Big Institutes)
    Three weeks of 'rest'/(re)building/repairing/upgrading/etc, the final week for the 'Pure' starts 2 November, the day before the US elections.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 10-15-2020 at 12:20 PM.

- This fifth week will take place from Monday, November 02, 2020 to Sunday, November 08, 2020.
    Invitations will be sent to the Captains of the 20 best teams on Tuesday, October 13, 2020.
    The team that wins the THOR Challenge Pure will be the one that have accumulated the most WCG Points in this fifth week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast