Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Collatz Conjecture News

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin

Collatz Conjecture News

Choose Wisely
    I would like to urge participants to switch to Rosetta@Home or Folding@Home (non-BOINC application but also distributed computing) to aid with Coronavirus research until a vaccine has been developed and tested. While it would be nice to solve a decades old mathematical conjecture, it would be better to do research to save lives. Please consider it. Please note that Folding@Home has both CPU and GPU applications.

More...

GPU added to folding@home

Folding seems to be unable to offer OpenCL GPU work to my four Radeon GPU system, only CPU cores get work....

We also need to keep an eye on WCgrid as they say they will also have a pandemic project launching

Yes Jason1478963, I have my preferences set in WCG to accept work from any new projects. Let's hope that they get started soon and I will come help you.

Go AMD Users.

Rosetta has COVID-19 WUs too -and a running challenge at the moment. I hope Vaughan's problems with BOINCstats' challenge app are over.

I've been unable to resolve the BOINCstats challenge issue and Willy is disinterested in solving it.

Rosetta never has any work.

Quote Originally Posted by AMDave View Post
    Choose Wisely
    I would like to urge participants to switch to Rosetta@Home or Folding@Home (non-BOINC application but also distributed computing) to aid with Coronavirus research until a vaccine has been developed and tested. While it would be nice to solve a decades old mathematical conjecture, it would be better to do research to save lives. Please consider it. Please note that Folding@Home has both CPU and GPU applications.

More...
    Well, I have at least managed to get past AMDave in the stats...

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    Yes Jason1478963, I have my preferences set in WCG to accept work from any new projects. Let's hope that they get started soon and I will come help you.

Go AMD Users.
    I plan on joining in as well and seeing you there. I am not sure how much horsepower they will be ready for but i'm sure AMD Users will bring what they can

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    I've been unable to resolve the BOINCstats challenge issue and Willy is disinterested in solving it.

Rosetta never has any work.
    BOINCstats challenges are hopeless for our team since Willy changed the interface. That is not to say that they haven't any work, as the challenge stats show.
    As I understand it you push 'join' and nothing happens. What browser are you using? Do you see the complete screen, or do you see three horizontal lines next to the 'BOINCstats' logo?
    If so, click on those lines and more screen will appear. If that contains a button where you should act upon, Willy deserves to be beaten, long and hard, and send back to programmer school.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 04-05-2020 at 04:37 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast