Thread: PrimeGrid News

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin

PrimeGrid News

Magellan 500th Anniversary Challenge starts 18 November
    The eighth challenge of the 2020 Series will be a 10-day challenge commemorating the (approximate) 500th Anniversary of the extraordinary expedition of Portuguese explorer Ferdinand Magellan. The challenge will be offered on the CUL-LLR and WOO-LLR subprojects, beginning 18 November 18:00 UTC and ending 28 November 18:00 UTC.To participate in the Challenge, please select only the Cullen Prime Search LLR (CUL) and/or Woodall Prime Search LLR (WOO) projects in your PrimeGrid preferences section. Work units which are downloaded and completed during the challenge will count towards your challenge score.Note: This will be our second challenge using LLR2, which eliminates the need for a full doublecheck task on each workunit, but replaces it with a short verification task. Expect to receive a few tasks about 1% of normal length.Comments? Concerns? Conundrums? Confusions? Think we'll break the decade-long drought of Cullen primes? Tell us in the forum thread for this challenge. Best of luck!

More...

Whoops, forgot the start, but I've got going now. Should have my first task (Woodall) finished later today.

I'll join as soon as the 16th WCG birthday challenge is over!