Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PrimeGrid News

8th place!! :-)

Thirteen members active now, we're 8th out of 128 teams.
    Perhaps we should only crunch Genefer-19 and Genefer-20 in order to climb the ranks, they pay better than Genefer-18.
    Genefer-18 on a GTX 1650: 2000 sec, 1700 credits
    Genefer-19 on a GTX 1650: 4800 sec, 7700 credits
    Genefer-20 on a GTX 1650: 18200 sec, 32800 credits
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 12-24-2020 at 11:42 AM.

yes plus there is some bonus points there too just for crunching them :-) And we are now at 7th. I moved a couple more 1660's over to it this morning onto gfn-20. It's really cool to see many members crunching away on this!!! :-)

I've got 18 T4's from The Science Cloud and 16 T4 from AWS on it plus my home GPUs.

Vaughan is presently 5th, Brucifer has climbed to 24th, MiHost to 80th, Nflight to 203rd, and Jason1478963 to 235th -and that's just the top-5 of our thirteen members strong team at this challenge.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    I'm way down the list but also there, my one little home desktop running with a Radeon R9 380 is chugging along.

My home solar has been turned on just 2 days ago (merry christmas to me! ) so it is time to bring up the power hog I've been building this year and start putting it out on 2021 challenges!

So how much power you generating from your solar panels??

Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucifer View Post
    So how much power you generating from your solar panels??
    I know very little about solar stuff still, but after contacting 4 local providers and asking for quotes I went with the one that gave the highest amount of power I could get (pushing the limits of the local utility rules), from the specs they gave me it says it's a 13.2kW system, 42 Hanwha panels 315W each. It covers almost all the usable roof space I got, and it was actually a pretty competitive price compared with the other quotes.

The mySolarEdge app has been recording the energy captured for the past few days, and it's been 6.98kWh (rainy day), 28.95kWh (sunny day), 30kWh (sunny day), 28.88kWh (sunny day), 17.52kWh (cloudy day), and 27.83kWh (sunny day).

From what I can tell right now I use on average 20kWh/day so I'm generating about 7 to 10kW extra on sunny days, but I'm still trying to study how this is going to work out because the utility has some quirky regulations, I have to accumulate credits for so long before using them, then if unused after so long they expire, and some other odds and ends I couldn't quite grasp yet. I've been trying to read up on it and understand their rules, but I think I just have to get on the phone with them and ask how this works. The last thing I want is to give them free energy.

My provider used to offer 12c per KwHr but dropped it recently to 9c. Unfortunately my generating capacity is about 12 percent of my daily usage so I don't earn any refunds. The only time it did happen was when I was replacing the a/c in the computer room and every computer was off.

ps They charge 23c per KwHr from the grid.

Site Admin
    Geez, 12% only? Any possibility of upgrading with higher efficiency panels, or add more to the array?

I'm still to figure out what the utility pays back per kWh, that's another thing I can't understand. They seem to tag it to the "wholesale price" of electricity but their website doesn't give a specific number anywhere I can find. I'm wondering if it's like gas prices and it changes every day. Either way, I plan on using every watt these panels give me so I won't have to figure that out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast