Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tour de Primes 2021

There's a new leader for the red jersey, and he scored so good that he has taken the green jersey as well (both from Nortech): BarryAZ.
    Barry found the prime using PrimeGrid's The Riesel Problem (LLR) application.

Both Boss and Penguin extended their mutual lead on Vaughan for the yellow jersey: they've found twelve primes against Vaughan's nine.

I don't know whats happening but the primes are getting harder to find. It has been days since I found one yet I have hundreds of CPU cores and over a dozens of GPUs crunching.

You have double-checked 19 primes so far, so you have a stroke of very bad luck -being just too late, 19 times in the first 14 days.
    boss on the other hand seems extremely lucky, doing almost no double checks -just three till now.
    So far 243 primes have been found in 14 days, the challenge is now half-way.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 02-15-2021 at 12:21 AM.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    I reduced my boinc cache to zero to try to get as many 1st checks as possible, it seems to be a matter of minutes between being a 1st checker or double checker. If you get WUs and they're just in queue waiting you're going to already be late by the time you get to them.

Me too. I'm getting lots of firsts, but no primes found. I'm concentrating on Mega, Div & 321 in the hope of a single good one rather than the smaller PPSE ones.

Site Admin
    I'm pushing my machine as far as it can go, about 2500 GFN16 WUs/day. I was making little over 1000 about a week ago until I figured out I had forgotten to shut down Folding@home, it was still running on the background. But even though no primes or even double checks for me.
    I'm about to catch up with Lysergius on the Team and steal his rank 14, then about a week after that I'll catch up with Chris Skull and reach rank 13.

And once February comes to a close, and the Tour of Primes is over, I have to see what's next. Got to look up Boincstats or other sites and see if there's some good GPU bound challenges upcoming.

I'm polishing all badges except for SOB -they're real sons of bitches

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen View Post
    But even though no primes or even double checks for me.
    click to discover your double-check of Thursday 11th of February 2021 02:54:31 UTC
    Schermafbeelding 2021-02-16 185446.jpg

Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    click to discover your double-check of Thursday 11th of February 2021 02:54:31 UTC
    Schermafbeelding 2021-02-16 185446.jpg
    Ah yes, that's right, I did have 1 double check in the competition so far. Now if I could only get a prime too, even if a small one

Site Admin
    Did one of our top Team members left on Primegrid? I just went up a rank and didn't even catch up with Lysergius yet.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast