Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tour de Primes 2021

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    Ah! You're using Asrocks Pro4 line, one of my favorites. Having a A320M Pro4 (A12-9800E), a AB350M Pro4 (Ryzen 7 1700) and a B450 Pro4 (Ryzen 5 3400G) myself, and I've built a B550M Pro4 system for my daughter.
    It's a nice little motherboard, I have to admit it. But beware of trying to run multiple GPUs on it. It was a pain to set it up and make it all get recognized and working.
    Sometimes it would not POST, other times it would only recognize some of the GPUs. Me thinking a BIOS update would fix it, it got it completely nuked and had to clear CMOS, unplug all GPUs and start from scratch again.
    I had to clear the CMOS and test so many BIOS settings until I finally got it all working right, that I'm afraid to touch it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen View Post
    Just switched over my cruncher to Primegrid... should have done that yesterday.

I started off with all GPU apps enabled, but which ones are the ones to best focus on?
    The most recent nVidia GPUs -or top-of-the list Radeons. My own best GPU is a GTX1650....

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    The most recent nVidia GPUs -or top-of-the list Radeons. My own best GPU is a GTX1650....
    I meant which PrimeGrid apps I ran through the list and checked everything that had GPU applications available, but probably not all of them are good for this challenge.

The scores, so far...Michael Millerick has the yellow, green and red jersey, having discovered a GFN-16 prime.
    Vaughan is 2nd in all three standings!
    We have a new leader! mfl0p became the first cruncher to find a 2nd Prime number and now has the red, yellow and green jersey.
    Again with a GFN-16 as highest scoring prime, just like David Steel and Michael Millerick before him. Vaughan is now 5th in all three standings.
    LCB001 leads in the standings for the red, yellow and green jersey's Hard Luck Edition for double-checkers -which is by default sorted on date in case of the red jersey. Gamer007 is our highest scoring member here.

And after RoKro turned in a PPS prime with 881,585 digits he became the new leader in the red and green standings. mfl0p is still the only cruncher with more than one prime.
    Vaughan is now 7th in all three standings.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 02-02-2021 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen View Post
    I meant which PrimeGrid apps I ran through the list and checked everything that had GPU applications available, but probably not all of them are good for this challenge.
    GFN-16 and GFN-17 mega can be crunched with your GPU, amongst others.
    GFN-16 scores good in this challenge so far, PPSE LLR does better (in occurrence, not in credit), but there is a sole PPS at the top.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 02-02-2021 at 11:19 PM.

Vaughan is back in the race, his 2nd prime brought him a #2 position in the yellow jersey standings (total number of primes), a #3 position in the green jersey standings (highest total score) and a #6 position in the red jersey (highest score for a single prime) standings. Gamer007 is still our best double checker.

Vaughan is outdistancing the pack at the moment: his 3rd prime brought him a #1 position in the yellow jersey standings (total number of primes), and a #2 position in the green jersey standings (highest total score)
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 02-02-2021 at 03:03 PM.

Drat! Did I mention "PSA seems out for this challenge" or something in that vein? We have a new leader for the red jersey, Nortech, who scored the biggest prime so far in this challenge through PRPNet-27....
    Second place so far is for DeleteNull, who scored through a GFN-17-MEGA.
    Penguin has found just as many primes now as Vaughan (three) but has overtaken Vaughan for the green jersey by means of a GFN-16 prime. If it were cycling, what jersey would Penguin wear tomorrow?

No clothing choices for Penguin anymore! Nortech firmly has not only the red, but also the green jersey by virtue of his/her PRPNet: 27 prime.
    Vaughan is firmly in the yellow jersey, being the only cruncher that has found five primes so far.

It's like an episode of Batman: Penguin is back! He has found as much primes as Vaughan now (six), but divides it between GFN-16 and PPSE, while Vaughan has set all upon PPSE -which pays less, but occurs more often.

The present top-8 primes
    Schermafbeelding 2021-02-04 121617.jpg
    (click to make bigger)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast