Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Testing Moowrap for a little bit

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin

Testing Moowrap for a little bit

Going to try out my machine for a little bit on Moowrap now that Tour de Primes is over. Seems to be doing really well there too and I just barely started it today.
    https://moowrap.net/show_host_detail.php?hostid=1309896

That's quite a pace you are setting there, NeoGen!

Site Admin
    It is running outstanding indeed. I think I'm pushing out more than 4M credits/day. I already jumped up several ranks on our Team, in about 4 or 5 more days I'm catching up to B Johansson and the Top 10.
    The Scottish Boinc Team above us on the stats seems to be losing steam and they're pretty close to us, with this push we're about to catch up to their spot and raise up to #20.

Don't forget to test the setup using Collatz, you may be able hit the 10 million credits daily. But do catch our Scottish buddies, if only for a race for #20.

Site Admin
    Preliminary results are in, we are #20! But I think it's temporary, I have a feeling our Scottish rivals are hoarding Workunits for a large drop and hop over us again soon.
    There's a couple of easy spots to grab, #18 and #19 have very little activity, although they're a bit far away for me alone to reach within a short time.
    I do want to try Collatz, I remember on my older desktop for some reason that specific project raised the GPU temp several degrees higher than any other. Interesting to see what happens if I throw this machine at it.

Good result! I don't think our Scottish rivals will take any action soon, as they are focused upon Formula Boinc and any effort to score better at Moo! will take a massive surge -and will provoke counter-reactions by other teams in League 1 (as AMD Users we're in League 2 ourselves). Their main Moo! cannon at present is Miklos, who can double your output though. But I hate/fear to think of what DavidBAM or Scole can do, if they put their minds into it.

Site Admin
    The upstairs was cool this evening, come to find out why and the machine was powered off. Lost probably half a day of production
    Need to monitor it more closely, I don't know if it suffered a power flicker or overheating as the temperatures have been slowly creeping up. But it's back online and crunching away.

Did you also suffer a Windows 10 update?

Site Admin
    Yes, there was one. But it usually just reboots and gets back to crunching, I have BOINC set to autostart. I remembered also maybe it was the graphics driver update I applied not too long ago that may have caused a crash, so I updated that to a newer one.
    And I also went in the BIOS and increased the fans speed to help drop it a few degrees inside the case, hopefully that will help too. I will keep an eye on it today for sure.

Site Admin
    I think I've figured out the issue, it's literally at its power limit. I plugged the machine to a power monitor and it registered over 1200W at peak moments when all GPUs are processing Moowrap and the fans are in high. The power supply is rated for 1300W, any slight deviation might be pushing it over the limit and triggering an automatic shutdown of the PSU.
    I do like to max out all my components, but I may need to pull one of the GPUs out to give the power supply a little breathing room... I don't want this machine to be a fire hazard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast