Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: SG BOINC Pentathlon 2021

160 cores moved back to SiDock, let's catch team2ch after that sad throw attempt. Though looking at the final report, we somehow ended a spot higher than the first throw? Interesting.

With a hard burn it looks like 13th should be achievable in the marathon, and 15th in the City Run. I'm already giving her all shes got, short of a core2 duo @1.8Ghz I've been trying to online for the past day, I am tapped out.

Some teams were happy with their 2 million+ credits 1st throw, and sat out their second attempt. Watch out for these, they can easily catch us in the end.

Are we going to only attempt 3 tries or 4? Or does it depend on which days the 4th and 5th throw are on?

I give up on this.

In Einstein I have team "mate" Maeax outproducing me 4 to 1 and not contributing to SiDock.
    In LHC they do >4000 a day to my current contribution of 0. Note LHC is a stupidly low point scorer project so 4000 here is a significant CPU load.

In Rosetta, EvilGeniusTodd is outscoring me at 3 to 1 but they don't contribute to SG Pentathlon at all.

There is no team esprit de corps.

I've stopped The Science Cloud as I was spending between USD2500-3000 a month just to stay competitive.
    No point doing this when our team mates don't support the team.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyridel View Post
    Are we going to only attempt 3 tries or 4? Or does it depend on which days the 4th and 5th throw are on?
    It depends whether we think we can improve ourselves after three tries on the lowest score, and whether or not such a try would interfere with another Pentathlon project.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    I give up on this.

In Einstein I have team "mate" Maeax outproducing me 4 to 1 and not contributing to SiDock.
    In LHC they do >4000 a day to my current contribution of 0. Note LHC is a stupidly low point scorer project so 4000 here is a significant CPU load.

In Rosetta, EvilGeniusTodd is outscoring me at 3 to 1 but they don't contribute to SG Pentathlon at all.

There is no team esprit de corps.

I've stopped The Science Cloud as I was spending between USD2500-3000 a month just to stay competitive.
    No point doing this when our team mates don't support the team.
    I sometimes wonder if some members even know of this forum -or our facebook page.

Valid point Dirk but Google would find both.

Time to redeploy my machines to some lesser pharmed projects.
    I reached a personal target in Sophie Germain LLR'ing at PrimeGrid, so can backoff on that for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    I sometimes wonder if some members even know of this forum -or our facebook page.
    I agree, didn't find this until a year after I joined the team. 2ch is doing around 10k stably atm, and Italy is around the same pace as us.

Getting ready to make the third throw over here.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyridel View Post
    I agree, didn't find this until a year after I joined the team. 2ch is doing around 10k stably atm, and Italy is around the same pace as us.
    Still that's funny because when you join any given team the same page where you join also offers you a link to the website of that team.
    Then again, I've been a silent member for about a year or so too in the past -you wouldn't guess by the number of posts I have now....
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 05-09-2021 at 09:05 PM.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast