Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: SG BOINC Pentathlon 2021

What's the deadline and are there any limits to how many tasks per thread can be outstanding?

Also, are we committed to a 4th throw? If others are going for it I'll switch machines over tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by SuicideCabbage View Post
    What's the deadline and are there any limits to how many tasks per thread can be outstanding?

Also, are we committed to a 4th throw? If others are going for it I'll switch machines over tonight.
    We might have to concentrate on one or two projects, in an effort to grab the most Pentathlon points. We'll end up in the rear part of the Javelin ranking anyway, 800k or 1,6mil, six teams will overtake us -at least. But can we hold some other teams behind us when we improve on that 800k result? I know that all my systems can run NFS -but perhaps not all the 16e app.
    SiDock however leaves my AM1 systems struggling with day-long WUs and Einstein seems to be playing hard to get on my systems at the moment.

We are not catching BOINC@Italy in the marathon like I had hoped we would, so I was considering switching to a hard full burn on the sprint. The question is do I hit the sprint now, or do another javelin toss then switch over.

EDIT
    P.S. I got outbid on a 512-core cluster that would have been here in time for the sprint, it was a beautiful even if aged setup, but not needing that much power per say, I couldn't bring myself to bid any higher for a 6.4KW/h hobby machine.
    Last edited by SuicideCabbage; 05-13-2021 at 03:02 AM.

NFS 16e Lattice Sieve V5 app (lasieve5f) has a 7-day deadline, but I have no idea how many you can hold up from uploading -especially as they take up huge amounts of RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    We might have to concentrate on one or two projects, in an effort to grab the most Pentathlon points. We'll end up in the rear part of the Javelin ranking anyway, 800k or 1,6mil, six teams will overtake us -at least. But can we hold some other teams behind us when we improve on that 800k result? I know that all my systems can run NFS -but perhaps not all the 16e app.
    SiDock however leaves my AM1 systems struggling with day-long WUs and Einstein seems to be playing hard to get on my systems at the moment.
    We will certainly need the fourth throw to advance our placing, as long as we get a throw of at least 1 million it can maybe keep some of the teams behind, maybe team china won't make another throw either. Either way, 1million is definitely needed for javelin.
    Besides from that, which apps at NFS currently generate the most credit?
    Since PG has ended, we need to fire our GPUs up at Einstein full power I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyridel View Post
    Besides from that, which apps at NFS currently generate the most credit?
    NFS 16e Lattice Sieve V5 app (lasieve5f), by far

It's decided then, 4th throw incoming.

Meisterkühler have just dropped a 1,8M bunker at the Cross Country, hopefully they do not have a 2nd one. BOINCStats are knocking on our door there, too.

I'm very confused: why can't we deliver some performance in the cross country like we did at PrimeGrid?

Quote Originally Posted by dannyridel View Post
    I'm very confused: why can't we deliver some performance in the cross country like we did at PrimeGrid?
    I'm trying all I can, but Einstein has higher performance requirements than PrimeGrid.
    There is no 'killer' app like PPS_sr2sieve, all WU's seem to get just as much credits -1000. 00
    Only the most modern video cards can run them quick, even my Ryzen 5 3400G has troubles.

Besides that: where's your score?
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 05-14-2021 at 02:47 PM.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast