Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: SG BOINC Pentathlon 2021

oh my... all my wus are stuck at pending. I just checked 5 of them, they got sent to the same pc, got aborted and still unsent to another one. I doubt I will be much help at cross country...
    mihi deliberandum est....

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    I'm trying all I can, but Einstein has higher performance requirements than PrimeGrid.
    There is no 'killer' app like PPS_sr2sieve, all WU's seem to get just as much credits -1000. 00
    Only the most modern video cards can run them quick, even my Ryzen 5 3400G has troubles.

Besides that: where's your score?
    Hmm? Gamma ray pulsar search #1 gives 3465 per WU. I thought you told me that...?
    Ahh I didnt allow stats export, now I should be there in the next update.
    @velociraptor: I have 35 out of 64 wus pending...
    Last edited by dannyridel; 05-14-2021 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyridel View Post
    Hmm? Gamma ray pulsar search #1 gives 3465 per WU. I thought you told me that...?
    Ahh I didnt allow stats export, now I should be there in the next update.
    @velociraptor: I have 35 out of 64 wus pending...
    I crunch each and every app for WUProp stars (working on my 19th star, and amongst the apps on my list are no less than 19 Einstein@Home apps)
    I do hope that every member that reads this thread has checked whether his/her scores can be seen at FreeDC (see link previous posting), your efforts might be in vain otherwise.
    My pending amounts to two full pages at the moment.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 05-14-2021 at 05:20 PM.

Einstein@Home as project reports for AMD Users
    Total Memebers: 696
    Active Members: 42
    FreeDC and BOINCstats (the site) only report 34 of these,
    meaning there are eight active members working without visible output - and 656 inactive ones.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 05-14-2021 at 07:12 PM.

I cannot get any NFS@home tasks, but the project status shows they have lots to send.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    I can't get any either from NFS, and my pending queue on Einstein is >300
    This may not have been the best choice of projects for a large scale competition...

Perhaps a setting thing?
    I can get work with this:

If no work for selected applications is available, accept work from other applications? yes

Edit: It seems the be the lack of bandwidth at the NFS-server's side of things.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 05-15-2021 at 11:27 AM.

I have only managed to pull a single workunit in the past 15 hours as well, we may end up doing very very poorly on the sprint to no fault of our own. SG contacts the admins of every project to make sure they are up for the challenge during the project candidate vetting/selection phase. If your server consists of an iPhone and dial-up, I feel you should have opted out. I have points in NFS, a project I couldn't care less about, so it seems it was part of a Pentathlon in the past, I don't recall it being such a disaster then though.

We can certainly attempt to surprise the Italians at the marathon if NFS doesnt work out. However, it seems to work for me, I got tasks for 16 5e the third time I tried.
    Last edited by dannyridel; 05-15-2021 at 04:05 PM.

NFS is certainly working for me! You must see the update on FreeDC later....

We must try to surprise Team China at the Javelin as they can't get any better than 1,084,975 as 3rd best result. We however only need to score more than that on our final throw to pass them.
    Whatever we do, we can't get any higher than 1,293,928 as 3rd best, so it remains to be seen whether we can overtake any others.

The Italians seem to counter-react each and every movement at the marathon, but how long will they sustain?

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast