Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: SG BOINC Pentathlon 2021

Around 2000 UTC on the 15th I finally started being fed work, unfortunately 128 cores of Debian based servers are instantly erroring out, I just got home to find the good news with the bad, will report what I find.

Certainly another try at the Javelin will benefit us, should we abandon the positions at Marathon for it?
    We have to choose two out of Marathon, Sprint, and Javelin.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyridel View Post
    Certainly another try at the Javelin will benefit us, should we abandon the positions at Marathon for it?
    We have to choose two out of Marathon, Sprint, and Javelin.
    We may pass the Italians at the Marathon, or not. I do not think another team will pass us. https://www.seti-germany.de/boinc_pe...AMD+Users.html

We can certainly pass Team China at the Javelin, if we set ourselves to it. More depends on the (bad) results of other teams, it is out of our hands.
    What we do know is that LYTOMSL will try to reach from #26 to #11 with their fifth throw, having already two 2.2M results. So we have to pass Team China, just to stay at the same position.
    And the 5th throw only starts when the sprint ends, 1 Day and some 12 hours Until start

If those 128 Debian Cores from SuicideCabbage can get going, we'll pass at least two teams before us. What errors do you get?

"SIGSEGV: segmentation violation error"

On YAFU, the following solution to a similar issue seemed to work.

Configure the bootloader to use the kernel parameter "vsyscall=emulate"

As an alternative i suggest an update of your kernel to 5.10.24
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 05-16-2021 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    We may pass the Italians at the Marathon, or not. I do not think another team will pass us. https://www.seti-germany.de/boinc_pe...AMD+Users.html

We can certainly pass Team China at the Javelin, if we set ourselves to it. More depends on the (bad) results of other teams, it is out of our hands.

If those 128 Debian Cores from SuicideCabbage can get going, we'll pass at least two teams before us. What errors do you get?
    I meant the Italians for the Marathon, and I fear that 2 positions won't be enough for no17 overall. So the 128 cores aren't on yet? How sad. Good luck setting them up SuicideCabbage! We certainly need those.

If NFS gets their server up and SuicideCabbage gets his 128 cores running NFS, we'll fly past Team 2ch, BOINC.Italy and Crunching@EVGA at the sprint.
    My next update at NFS will be 60k -at least, I have some 130 more finished WUs waiting to be uploaded at the moment- and I have far less than 128 cores.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 05-16-2021 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    If NFS gets their server up and SuicideCabbage gets his 128 cores running NFS, we'll fly past Team 2ch, BOINC.Italy and Crunching@EVGA at the sprint.
    My next update at NFS will be 60k -at least, I have some 100 more finished WUs waiting to be uploaded at the moment- and I have far less than 128 cores.
    I didn't care to bunker therefore am crunching SiDock atm.

I believe I got the issue fixed, we'll find out as soon as the NFS servers come back up.

Things seem to get better at the NFS side: I now only have 30 WU's waiting to be uploaded. On the other hand, more than 90 still need to be reported.
    The next update now will be at least 66k -with the 120 earlier WU's mentioned not counted for credit.

While that update stuck at 59,930 on my side -there is more to come, I hope to reach 8,400,00 toninght-, there is some good NSF news: Judged by the increasing Project RAC figures we can see that SuicideCabbage has solved his problems, Vaughan is in full swing now and Gamer007 has joined the sprint too. We should pass Crunching@EVGA in three hours and Team 2ch in nine at this pace!
    https://www.seti-germany.de/boinc_pe...AMD+Users.html

Edit: Reached 8,400,000 - tomorrow 8,500,000?
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 05-16-2021 at 10:27 PM.

We've passed Crunching@EVGA!

It's 03:00 here and I go to bed now, I expect that when I wake up we've passed Team 2ch too
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 05-17-2021 at 01:08 AM.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast