Thread: PrimeGrid News

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin

PrimeGrid News

PrimeGrid's 16th Birthday Challenge starts June 12
    The fourth challenge of the 2021 Series will be a 5-day challenge celebrating the 16th anniversary of the launch of PrimeGrid on BOINC. The challenge will be offered on the ESP-LLR application, beginning 12 June 13:00 UTC and ending 17 June 13:00 UTC. To participate in the Challenge, please select only the Extended Sierpinski Problem LLR (ESP) project in your PrimeGrid preferences section. For more information, check out the forum thread for this challenge: https://www.primegrid.com/forum_thre...ap=true#150570 Best of luck!

More...

Since team challenges via BOINCstats seem to have come to an absolute standstill, we indeed should concentrate ourselves on challenges as issued at PrimeGrid, World Community Grid and the challenges as organized by Seti.Germany. We can perhaps also look into the Formula Boinc competition.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 06-10-2021 at 10:31 AM.

I've got my machine running for this, currently about halfway through the first task in 6 hours. Hoping for a top 300 position!

3 AMD Users so far between the 87 participants that already submitted a result:

We've ryzen to the 7th place, six AMD Users active as of now.
    Vaughan at #7
    GregCinAZ at #93
    recursive at #101
    gamer007 at #120
    KarmannGaz at #137
    MiHost at #160

We've dropped to the 8th place, but there is one more member with scores now.
    I scored 33,896 credits today for ESP-LLR, but somehow they didn't count for this challenge...
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 06-15-2021 at 12:05 AM.

We're back at #7, KarmannGaz still holding a top-300 position individually (#200).

I managed to overtake Scott Brown to grab 6th overall with hours to go. A lucky streak of tasks completing on my home machines as well as the Science Cloud.

All I received was nearly 80,000 credits ESP that didn't count for the challenge, together with lots of warnings about a hardware problem that I should fix without stating what the error was and how I am supposed to solve it..
    I have the suspicion that PrimeGrid doesn't like my RAM speed for ESP-LLR (3600 MHz, the stock -XMP- speed for those sticks, so a light overclock).
    Another possibility could be the CPU temperature. To rule that out I will try e.g. a Noctua NH-U12S Redux with an additional Noctua NF-P12 Redux 1700 PWM.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 06-19-2021 at 03:09 PM.