Thread: Collatz Conjecture News

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin

Collatz Conjecture News

Finish Up Your Work
    I'll be losing my "computer room" in my basement this week while water seepage mitigation is done. After that, the house goes on the market as I'll be relocating to a state with nicer climate with fewer corrupt politicians and lower taxes. The result is that the Collatz project will be down for some time. Please set your machines to get no new work because you likely won't be able to return the work before it times out. The work starts Wednesday so I have to have everything cleared out prior to that so it may be Monday or Tuesday when it gets shut down. Once I move, I don't know how reliable the broadband will be, but I'm hoping that since it will be fiber and not cable TV based, it will be decent. It should be faster and less expensive, but I can't predict when the Collatz project will be back online at this time.

More...

WCG out, Asteroids out, MLC out, MineCraft out, Tomas Brada Experimental Grid out, MindModeling out, RNA World out, Ralph out, BOINC@TACC out, NanoHUB out, Denis intermittent, Collatz out... it doesn't go all that well in BOINC-land...

I agree with you Dirk. At least PrimeGrid, Universe and Einstein continue. Ye olde MilkyWay is a little flaky.

Collatz is back -and Moo! and SRBase are also still alive and kicking.

I have 33 'Clanks' at the moment, meaning that I have a positive FDC RAC score for at least a month for 33 different projects, so at least so much projects are active (I don't do e.g. climate prediction)
    I also have 38 'subClanks' at the moment, meaning that I have a positive FDC RAC score for at least a month for 38 different sub-projects. Both these scores are the present world-wide #1 position though, and in the past I would have had to score over 38 Clanks or 44 subClanks to hold that position.

Sadly I cannot participate in "clanks" collecting as my CPID got ruined and stupid BOINC will not correct it. bok tried setting his stats to my ?main? CPID but BOINC has a mind of its own and I end up with split IDs.
    All because my original ISP closed down and I had to change my email.

The usual solution is to start a new computer with the new email address and slowly add projects and eventually the CPID should resolve.

That failed to fix it.

You have some old closed projects that are solidly chained to your old Id(s). Ever tried to merge Ids at Seb's https://signature.statseb.fr/ ?
    Schermafbeelding 2022-06-15 103813.JPG

As both Clanks and subCanks are only handed out for active projects, you should check for each project if it has the right email address on your account page. But a few weeks ago we were #1 and #2 of the world, clank-wise -if I remember well. subClank-wise you are world's #3 at the moment.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 06-15-2022 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    Sadly I cannot participate in "clanks" collecting as my CPID got ruined and stupid BOINC will not correct it. bok tried setting his stats to my ?main? CPID but BOINC has a mind of its own and I end up with split IDs.
    All because my original ISP closed down and I had to change my email.

The usual solution is to start a new computer with the new email address and slowly add projects and eventually the CPID should resolve.

That failed to fix it.
    You are doing pretty well at subclanks lately, even ending at #1 world-wide. I actually should be even with you at the moment, but the three active WCG subprojects do not update for me at FreeDC.