Thread: PrimeGrid News

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin

PrimeGrid News

SGS may end sooner than expected
    With the server upgrade accomplished, we were able to convert SGS to fast double checking. This, by itself, essentially doubles the speed of SGS, and when combined with increased participation this has SGS on a pace to exhaust its sieve file (i.e., the nominal end of the project) before the planned shutdown date of December 15th. The new plan is therefore to let SGS run to the end of the sieve file, regardless of when that occurs.The forum discussion thread about the SGS shutdown is here.

More...

Looks like both dannyridel and me have set our sights on the 2,500,000 mark at the moment...but will the sub-project last long enough to reach for the next badge-level: 5,000,000?
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 10-12-2023 at 09:28 PM.

My targets are 200M in SGS and 6B in PPS-Sieve. Then I can get back to SOB with my six 5800X3D machines specially built for SOB tasks which require vast amounts of L2/L3 cache.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    My targets are 200M in SGS and 6B in PPS-Sieve. Then I can get back to SOB with my six 5800X3D machines specially built for SOB tasks which require vast amounts of L2/L3 cache.
    Those 5800X3D's can also do severely damage to the SRBase rankings...especially the 'average' and long tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    Looks like both dannyridel and me have set our sights on the 2,500,000 mark at the moment...but will the sub-project last long enough to reach for the next badge-level: 5,000,000?
    Both dannyridel and me now are racing to 5,000,000, Danny in a comfortable lead...He's already past the 4,000,000!
    I just pased MiHost, on my way to 3,500,000.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 10-27-2023 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    You've reached your goal in SGS, I wonder if dannyridel wants to continue to 10 million, at his present crunching rate.. I'm on my way to 5 million.