Thread: The SZTAKI project

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin

The SZTAKI project

The SZTAKI project explained

What is it?
    SZTAKI is a hungarian distributed computing project running on the boinc platform. Currently is doing mathematical research, searching for generalized binary number systems up to dimension 11, but the original intent for the future is to be able to support a wide range of different distributed computing applications and not only mathematical ones.

Where is it?
    The project website is mostly in hungarian language, which is hard to understand by many people, but the boinc nature makes almost all its project websites look alike, so you don't need to learn hungarian to be able to navigate through the website.

How can I join?
    You can create an account to participate directly in our Team here
    From top to bottom, the 4 boxes that you have to fill in with info, are asking your name, email address, country and postal code (this is optional)

After filling in your info and clicking on the button on the bottom to proceed, SZTAKI will ask you to copy your boinc ID to complete your account activation. In a few minutes you'll receive an email with the necessary boinc ID, which you'll have to copy and paste to the box presented and press the button again to proceed.
    Then you'll be presented with the question if this is the first boinc project you are running, of if you already run other boinc projects. Click the first link if this is your first boinc project ever, or click the second if you run other boinc projects already.
    Afterwards it will ask you to set a number for resource share of this project and the computer location. In doing that, the account creation is fully complete and you can go to your boinc and attach the new project.

Remember to keep the long Boinc ID code somewhere safe. You most likely will need it in the future again, for accessing your account on the website, or for attaching the project on other computers.

Conclusion
    And... that is that. Overall speaking, SZTAKI is a very stable project, where lack of work is very rare, and the project administrators strive to keep the system up and running at all times.
    A great project, where you can participate and not need to know a single word of hungarian.

As it is a relatively new project, our Team is still giving it's first steps. The opportunity to shine on top is at reach of anyone who dedicates a few crunchers for us on this project.
    And that could be you!

[EDIT]
    A few useful links to save time
    Main page
    Our Team and members
    Top 20 teams
    Server status
    [/EDIT]

Nice introduction for people new to the project. Sticky!

I followed the directions, but never received the actual email with the URL and key in it

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    I think the instructions are ok, but you were unlucky with the timing. They seem to be having some problems lately.
    I have an account but my key changed somehow and now I'm waiting for them to email me the new one.

Is Sztaki down... I have tried for a few days to get work but I get nothing. I noticed that Free-DC stats have been stuck for a while.

I was able to get 1 piece of work I think. But it only took a few hours to work it
    Computer Repair in Clarksville, TN
    http://ClarksvillePCRepair.com

That project is my only #1... I want to keep my yellow band!!!!!