Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Browsers

Browsers

just got slimbrowser off of download.com. Using it right now.
    SlimBrowser is a tabbed multiple-site Web browser. Its recoverable pop-up killer intelligently identifies and blocks pop-up ads without killing a desirable window by mistake. The quick-search bar provides convenient access to user-defined search engines. You can hide selected sites while browsing to protect your privacy. Extensive support for skins lets you decorate SlimBrowser to your own preference. The AutoLogin feature automatically connects and logs into specified Web sites with just one click. Seamless integration with online translation engines helps you browse sites in foreign languages. Script error suppression eliminates annoying script error dialogs. With flexible control of start-up actions, SlimBrowser can automatically open predefined mailboxes and Web sites at start-up for you. SlimBrowser uses a uniform interface to manage both local and remote resources.
    http://cl.com.com/Click?q=89-h2zbQ-J...9ypwH8BaCaE_Jv

My favorite is GreenBrowser, http://www.morequick.com/ , and AvantBrowser, http://avantbrowser.com ...ENJOY!!!!!!!!

I like IE the best, because it works with EVERY page.
    System: AMD XP 1800+
    Gigabyte GA-7VTXH+
    ATI Radeon 8500 LE 128MB
    512MB DDR PC-3200
    Panasonic 24x10x40x
    Seagate Barracuda IV 40GB

I love IE2 - an enhancement built upon IE. It offers loads of features - tabbed interface, donwload manager, auto resuming of last-visited pages and much, much more. try it.

I love OPERA because it is the fastest browser on earth. At the time I'm using Mozilla.

try foxfire if you want a little less bloated browser. It's mozilla without the extra goodies btw lynx and links are the fastest browsers.

Slimbrowser is amazing i have been using it for around a year, havent seen a popup since :D couldnt be happier

Firefox 0.9.3

I've just started using Firefox 0.9.3 and have a couple of questions.
    1. When I'm posting a message in our forum my Logitech cordless optical MX700 mouse refuse to scroll with the scroll wheel. It works everywhere else, just not within the posting part of the forum. Anyone else seen this? Any cures?
    2. When I visit one of my computers parts vendors web site - PCQuest www.pcquest.com.au using Firefox I am unable to navigate their site by left clicking on the link words on the LHS of their home page. Using IE6 the links work.
    3. When I write in this forum the cursor is a small vertical line and it almost totally obscures the last character you type. This makes it hard to see typos.
    Vaughan

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    vauhan,

I've been using Firefox 0.9.2 for several weeks now.
    I have no answer to 1.
    answer to 2 - I get that on some sites too. There are some VBscript & VBx functions that only work with IE. You have found some of them. MS do not respect Internet standards ... period.
    answer to 3 - this has been identified as an issue and is tabled for correction in the near future (actually I thought it would have been fixed in 0.9.3). Details of issues register are on the Mozilla projects site.

But you've gotta love the "Open in Tabs" feature.
    I'm also using Mozilla ThunderBird email client. Some eamails do not open properly, still don't know why. Great spam filter though.

--AMDave--
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

can you push the scroll button down and drag the mouse down to scroll the page...??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast