Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SZTAKI problems

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin

SZTAKI problems

I've had sztaki set to now get work for sometime, and right now as I wanted to get some, I get this several times, so I quit

8/25/2005 7:12:54 AM|SZTAKI Desktop Grid|Sending scheduler request to http://casca.lpds.sztaki.hu/szdg_cgi/cgi
    8/25/2005 7:12:54 AM|SZTAKI Desktop Grid|Reason: To fetch work
    8/25/2005 7:12:54 AM|SZTAKI Desktop Grid|Requesting 34560 seconds of work, returning 0 results
    8/25/2005 7:12:55 AM|SZTAKI Desktop Grid|Scheduler request to http://casca.lpds.sztaki.hu/szdg_cgi/cgi failed with a return value of 404
    8/25/2005 7:12:55 AM|SZTAKI Desktop Grid|No schedulers responded
    8/25/2005 7:12:56 AM|SZTAKI Desktop Grid|Deferring communication with project for 58 seconds

I checked the webpage and it's working perfectly... how come boinc is getting a 404? :?

EDIT: Now I see something... Don't ask me where that link came from. But that is indeed the 404 link. Maybe I need to re-attach to the project?

08/25/05 00:42:28|SZTAKI Desktop Grid|Sending scheduler request to http://szdg.lpds.sztaki.hu/szdg/cgi-bin/scheduler
    08/25/05 00:42:28|SZTAKI Desktop Grid|Reason: Requested by user
    08/25/05 00:42:28|SZTAKI Desktop Grid|Requesting 0 seconds of work, returning 0 results
    08/25/05 00:42:30|SZTAKI Desktop Grid|Scheduler request to http://szdg.lpds.sztaki.hu/szdg/cgi-bin/scheduler succeeded
    Our links are slightly different. I would suggest re-attatching.

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    I agree.
    maybe "casca" was the original test box.
    my registration emails say "szdg" is the current project address.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

Site Admin
    I checked my file with all the boinc sites/account keys and for sztaki the site was the one with "szdg"... I don't understand how the "casca" went there.
    Anyway... trying to fix this I've done even worse.
    Tried reattaching the project and now it complains that the key is invalid. :?

Went to the sztaki website and indeed the key is not valid to login anymore. Somehow my key changed???
    Anyways, I've clicked the option to send me back my key to the email again. And now I'm waiting...
    (I mean... I hope I'm waiting. Because not understanding hungarian, it could even be saying there that my email is invalid or something...)

Strange thing is that I remember this exact thing having happened to me at some other time... but I can't remember when or at what project...

Running boinc is always an adventure. Even when you think nothing possibly can go wrong, there's always something new that you weren't expecting...

Well for this "adventurer" I can't even get a key. So maybe their site is having issues???? I get the screen that says that an email has been sent to my email addy, but the email never arrived.

Site Admin
    SZTAKI problems solved for me.
    I received my new key (it had changed indeed), and even the link to attach had changed too.

72CJ5, check if your email client isn't filtering the sztaki emails. Hotmail was sending them to the junk folder to me, fortunately I remembered to go take a look there.

Nope, no new key, and nothing is in my spam folder from the ISP filetering. My mail app just flags what it thinks is spam but doesn't move anything anywhere without active intervention from me.

I also can't get a new account from the project cause when I enter the email addy it says that there is already an account with that addy.

So I guess I'm just up a creek without a paddle with those folks.

Site Admin
    If you have clicked the small link on the login screen to send back the account key to the email then you can only wait for now.
    I'm imagining that these events are probably not happening just to the two of us here, so the project admins must be working on the problem.

neo its not just you. i think that was the original one as i just tried and got "CASCA".
    what is the solution?
    i have put my e-mail into their site and it should mail through my infomation, i tried re-attaching but it doesnt like the account key thought connects to the site.

Site Admin
    You have to wait for your new key to arrive, and then reattach with it.
    Make sure the email isn't spam filtered or something. Hotmail sent it to the junk folder directly. Fortunately I check the junk folder when something new gets in there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast