Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Second pass work

Hello
    Copy from solving a pending test (Have copy and paste it)

This has come up so many times its not even funny anymore. If you search through the message, you'll notice this has happened before and there is a solution for certain cases. For others there is none. I understand user’s frustration so here is a way to solve 95% of the problems with lost tests.

Lost tests are generally a Micros$%# problem not sob it has to due with the registry and can be easily fixed.

If you lose a test etc here is a step by step procedure to regain the "lost" work.

First exit the sob client then;

1. Check your Sob directory for the unfinished test.

This is generally C:\Program Files\SB\ or which ever directory you installed Sob to.

Within this directory there should be a file with unrecognised format the name of the file will be:

z####### where # is some number 0-9

for example z6779487 generally when you have a lost test there will be two of these files, z6779487 and z6670993 for example.

If you don't have any z####### files in the Sb directory your not in the correct directory or your out of luck. Since only progress is reported there is no way to get the file back from the server SOB etc. If you have deleted it etc (Clean sweep, mistake, etc. your work is more than likely unrecoverable.)

2. Great you have the file, so now you know the n value of your lost work.

e.g. z6779487 has an n value of 6779487
    and z6670993 has an n value of 6670993

The lower n value is probably your lost test.

But which k value does it correspond to? Well you have to login to the server to check which k corresponds to the n.

3. Login to sob

http://www.seventeenorbust.com --> preferences --> pending test management

http://www.seventeenorbust.com/acco...tsPending.mhtml if you’re already logged in.

You will be presented a screen which looks like a spread sheet with the following headers:

ID, Number, IP Address, Assigned, Last Reported, Progress, Percent, cEMs/s, Expire?

Followed by the relevant information, if you run more than one computer you will have several of these.

363953 4847?2^6779487+1 169.1.000.100 Thu Aug 19 15:59:21 2004 never 0 % -0

358621 28433?2^6670993+1 169.1.000.100 Sun Aug 1 03:08:44 2004 Fri Aug 13 03:52:13 2004 4589089 68 %

Notice the two above have the exact same IP address 169.1.000.100 and one test shows 0% done the other 68%. The 68% is your lost test and notice that the n values match 4847?2^6779487 28433?2^6670993 the z files in you Sb directory.

Note the K value for your lost test in this case 28433.

4. Now go to your registry in windows

start --> Run type regedit you will get a registry screen be careful here, only changes those values relevant to Sb.

Now navigate to the following folder

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-->SOFTWARE-->LhDn-->sob-->cache

and click on the cache folder, this will bring up three REG_DWORD values

cache REG_WORD 0x00000002 (2)
    k REG_WORD 0x000012ef (4847)
    n REG_WORD 0x0065ca91 (6779487)

these values must be modified to reflect your lost test.

Left click on k so that it is selected then right click modify.

A box will come up with the header Edit DWORD Value.

Click the radio button in the "base" sub window to decimal.

Doing so will change the Value data: on the left from hexadecimal to decimal (In this case from (12ef --> 4847) )

Change the 4847 to reflect the old test, 28433, or whatever your k value is and click OK.

Now do the exact same with the n-value.

Your registry should then look like this

cache REG_WORD 0x00000002 (2)
    k REG_WORD 0x00006f11 (28433)
    n REG_WORD 0x0067725f (6670993)

if your cache value is not 2 for example 0 then change this value to 2 as well.

5. Now restart your sb client and it should pickup from where the previous unit left off 68% in this instance.

6. If everything went smoothly now you can relogin to the sob website and delete the 0% test.

Hope this helps people perhaps we could make this a sticky or incorporate the message into the website etc. Of Course anyone could edit I won't scream copywright.

Lagu :D ;)
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

Lagu that is a known bug in the SOB software. They try to blame Micro$oft but why is it that this occurs only in SOB and not in other DC Projects then?

The solution is as you posted. To stop it occurring when you first run SOB (and I also do it when I upgrade to a new version, such as v2.5.0 recently) you run SOB until it has reported at least 1 intermediate block. Stop SOB, then Exit SOB - it may take a few seconds. Reboot Windows, SOB should start automatically if you have Auto-start in Windows reboot checked on in the Config, else start SOB from Windows. Now SOB should be safe from the incidents you posted about.

if you did want to recover a lost unit there is a little program you can use that saves all that reg stuff and searching.

basically it does it all for you from a nice little GUI. It is posted somewhere here under SOB forums.

Hello

Thanks for telling me that. You Vaughan have told me about a bug, but i´dont know it was that as was a bug.

Lagu
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

I've just returned from a long break (was playing World of Warcraft :P) from SB, and I was just wondering if anyone actually knows what the difference between these second pass units and normal units are?

I see that they discovered another prime with it rather quickly...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12