Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: New Members Crunching

Thanks for the great responses. Now I can either switch my team to the AMD group which I will need the Name to do so.
    I run one 3500+ and one 4200+ and am at the top users in predictor in 10 days time. Either it is my tweaking that keeps me putting close to 900 points a day or maybe it is a devotion to trying to achieve perfection through computing.

I belong to about 10 other forums and even a moderator in one, but I prefer to sit back and watch others catch up to me.

I enjoy your comments and will return often. :D

Ototera I would like to join the team on Boinc if there is one, the forum is a give me?

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

The boincy bods will love you here. Any hints on making things faster will go down well.

"perfection through computing", I like that :D

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Nflight
    Ototera I would like to join the team on Boinc if there is one, the forum is a give me?
    Ototero is our statsman, check out his work here:
    http://stats.amdusers.com/

There you can see almost all the projects that our Team participates in. (Boinc and non-boinc) If you would like to join the Team on any specific one, just pick your favorite.

Tips on making the system faster, starts with turning most everything you don't need on .....off ! Check on your startup menu and delete everything that you don't need on into an off position that is if your running windows. Now Linux users and Solaris users have dofferent options to remove those pesky sub routines.
    One link I love to use for Windows XP tweaking is Kellys korner or follow the link: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Another tidbit is RAM and plenty of it. The 3500 uses 2gig DDR and the 4200 uses just one gig DDR. Because of the calculations additional space for subroutines to exist requires additional real memory to use not virtual. :roll:

Well after joining your team I sure moved up fast: http://predictor.scripps.edu/team_di...php?teamid=479

:shock: What a load of tips. That'll keep me going for ages. ;)

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    Welcome aboard, Nflight.

I agree. Although we all dearly love to upgrade, the average entry level machine just doesn't cut it in the RAM department. It is great to see how much a RAM upgrade alone can change an owner's perspective of their home PC. But when we start to measure RAM in GB it is blissful.

You probably already have this, but you can track your daily BOINC progress here and here also... across multiple BOINC projects

I understand the idea that not everyone is gifted with funds to spend increasing there speed on there machines with tons fo RAM. Expensive is not something people like to worry about, they just want it to work well enough.

A little advice I thought would be helpful to the rest of the readers of this forum. Some how it must be embrazened on there noggin that less is more in DC crunching. The less applications running along with your BOINC process the more numbers you can crunch. So with out any further due I am going to suggest you start a new Topic Called "Tweaking your machine for maximum output". I am not going to start this post as I am rather new here and stepping on peoples toes is not something a NEWBIE should do in any case. It is your baby, if your interested, then make the effort, I will jump in and assist when I can between my numerous jobs I am affiliated with. I will also give descriptive instructions as I do not know everyones abilities and some are less knowledgeable then others. Laymens terms at all times.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Nflight, everyone can create new threads on the forum. Only rule that I know is that you should not post spam or offensive content in it.
    So, don't worry, you won't step on anyone's toes for that.

Furthermore, I insist that you do create that thread yourself! :P The author of an idea has always the best view possible on how it should be implemented.
    So... step forward and show us your idea.

Hey

Welcome 202life to our forums. We are glad to have you among us. Are you still running MoneyBee? Me is running this project on a Intel Pentium II 350 MHz and an Athlon 1001 MHz but I discovered you crunch more than me yet. What computer have you?

Lagu :D
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

It's great having the influx of new members!!It will be a big help in the team stats ...by the way HAPPY NEW YEAR to all :D

Tony Kaye, Billy Sherwood, Alan White, Jimmy Haun

Amd Users StatsJoin World Community Grid

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast