Thread: Mayday, mayday

Mayday, mayday

Hello

TeAm AnandTech have noy discovered Majestic-12 and they is crawling nearly 10.000.000 URL´s per day. We is not longer no 1 in the daily statistic. There is only 3 members but I beleive they is running day and night.
    I think we need bwhite to get us a puch. He have suddenly stopped run this project.
    Even FreeDC is on their way up on the ranking list.

Lagu :shock:
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

I'll redownload it and restart the project.

is this one of those projects that you can run alongside with other DC projects? i'm running Majestic on a machine and its never had such a low cpu temp(28C) before while running something, 'cept for Chessbrain.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Yea, Majestic-12 can be run alongside other projects. It only uses the cpu to compress the url barrels after crawling, and that takes only a few minutes per barrel (depending on your compression options)

i leave the compression off so it does not use any more cpu than needed. it takes longer to upload but i makes no difference to me.

had to turn it off. it just bogs down my system big time. horrible.

How much bigger is it w/o compression?

New beta fixes the bogging down problem, please go grab it from http://www.majestic12.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1093 and set the archiving delay to 50ms in Options, Crawler and see how you get on with system performance. If it's still slow, knock it up to 80-100ms.

Don't forget to change the archiving delay in your profiles as well!

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    I just read the thread... several new builds have been done already. That v1.2.1 is giving alex buckets of work!

I normally like to test beta builds and help catch bugs, but I'll have to pass this time. I got plenty of works over here to finish in the next few days, so I better not get distracted with new toys. :P