Thread: Instructions for BOINC World Community Grid

Instructions for BOINC World Community Grid

Assuming you have downloaded and installed Boinc, you'll need your WCG Boinc ID info to "attach to the project". Go to your "My Grid" page at WCG, sign in and click on "my profile" (2nd tab on left hand side of screen), and scroll down to the bottom. There you'll see your Boinc Account Key and Project URL. Copy those to notepad and save them.

When you install Boinc, it pops up a window that says "attach to project". Alternatively in BOINC Manager click on Projects then Attach to project.
    You''ll need to paste the URL in, then your account key.
    It should connect to WCG and start downloading work units. You can set your preferences in the tabs at the top of the Boinc manager window.

Then you need to go to your "My Grid" page and Device Manager, and you should see a "Boinc" machine listed. Once again, click on "default" and it will open a page where you need to select your preferences on how the program runs.

(Adapted from our team member LP's instructions at AOA Forums)
    http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/lps-a...ugh-boinc.html

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    pssst...
    http://www.amdusers.com/modules.php?...&p=22490#22490

(AMD Users got there first - but good of LP to spread the word and create interest. Well done LP ! )

your revision is better though ;)
    want to make that a sticky ?

/ed -

Can we see a sticky at the top of each DC forum called "How to join this project". That would be marvy

PS - moving fusion is making WCG hay in the BOINC sunshine
    Go you good thang !

- ed/

Knowing it is a linux only at the moment, I tried a little experiment. I've attached using Windows. It's currently download some WUs. The app currently being used is Rosetta 4.22.

I attached my windows client of Boinc to WCG this morning ...what are the rosetta wu's I wonder???I am suppose to be working on the AIDS project so I assume they are the boinc version of autodock wu's...anyone know or care to guess?? :D

Tony Kaye, Billy Sherwood, Alan White, Jimmy Haun

Amd Users StatsJoin World Community Grid

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    I would bet that if the workunits are rosetta ones, then they're working with boinc on the human genome project and not on the FightAids@Home.

Yeah I got 5 rosetta workunits for my WCG to run. Its doing some PrimeGrid tasks now, then hopefully the WCG work will start.

I've joined the team in the website. But BOINC doesn't report it as being in the team. :? Anyone else have this same thing?

Hi Gamer007

Have you forgot uFluid?

Lagu ;)
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

Is it down? I can't get on the website at the moment.