Page 1 of 34 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: New Members Crunching

New Members Crunching

26 new people found in the stats in 2 days :!: :!: :!:

Way to go :D

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin

Wow! Great sudden boost.

I also hope they will come to the forums here.

And another 4 today

We need some stats for the number of newbies each day :!:

Seriously, we need a Newbies Stats only page so those people just starting out in DC'ing can easily check how they are doing in comparison to their fellow new starters. It can be disheartening to see little or no progress against the (a) heavy hitters, or (b) old timers.

Discuss. Content, type, daily, .....

Site Admin
    We have been growing at a fast pace lately, both in number of members and in number of projects. If we don't do something soon your stats pages will explode with so much information.

About the idea of splitting the new members... how about, instead of marking them in baby blue on the active stats pages, having a page of their own?
    Showing for example... their points on each project, their ranking within the Team, and most importantly their ranking within themselves. And after the 7 days, they would be "promoted" to the big stats pages with all the heavy hitters and old timers.
    And with a little bit of art, you could even pick 7 different shades of blue (from baby blue to dark blue) to easily see who's almost being promoted and who has just arrived.

Ok... I better stop now. I already don't wanna imagine how much work would all this be to you Ototero. :P

Your only new for a day, Thank God.
    After several hundred years of doing computers you get the idea that some of us just can't be everywhere at once, I like the idea that we are nothing but AMD. For the last 5 years I have been a devoted champion of sorts searching for the exquisite devotion of others who maintain there expertise in one hardware configuration. As for Stats I have not joined your Team effort yet, I belong to my own team of me myself and I. Since the three of us are normally in agreement there is no need to involve others.
    I have been involved with Set@home since 1999, I recently shut down my set@home account and started up the Boinc with Predictor Scripps and the search for Protein based research into cures for the masses.

Now for the real reason I am speaking, may I join your team and stay in my own at the same time?

By "join our team" do you mean contribute to the forum? Of course you can Nflight.

If ever you want to add to our stats for other projects, do that any time you want.

Welcome.

Site Admin
    Hey Nflight

When I first came around with Distributed Computing, with the classic Seti@Home, I also had my team of me, myself and I. It's just like you said, all three of us always agreed in everything.
    Then while searching for stuff related to my AMD, I found this site that was also into DC'ing like I was. I started coming by the AMD Users frequently, the environment was pretty nice and the people were all friendly, so one day I decided to join the Team and move my points here. And here I am...

One thing I can tell you is that altough we're devoted to AMD's not everyone has only AMD's. Intels are also great crunchers, especially in maths projects, so most of our members also run Intels.

But bottomline is, you're more than welcome Nflight. We got several friends from other teams also registered here, and coming by frequently to chat with us. We're a friendly and competitive Team, and the only thing our admins ask of us is to watch our language. Having that in mind, we can come here to talk about AMD's or talk about anything else that pops up our minds.

Have a good stay!

Page 1 of 34 1234567891011 ... LastLast