Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD Users help the environment!

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin

AMD Users help the environment!

...and even get a few more points at bewes/tkc/whatpulse/etc!

That's right!
    The AMD Users Team is but one of the hundreds of teams participating in the Ecology Fund project! I myself did not know what Ecology Fund was until recently, so now I will explain to everyone else so that we all can help save the environment for future generations to come.

For starters, here's the >> website <<
    EcologyFund is owned and operated by The Hunger Site Network as a way to get new funds for critical habitat and wilderness preservation using the power of the internet. When you "click to give" our sponsors pay the project you selected to preserve the number of square feet shown by each project. You pay nothing. To maximize the contribution, click on each project every day. If you register, The Hunger Site Network will donate 500 square feet of wilderness in your name, and will keep a running tally for you of all the land you have preserved.
    Here are step-by-step instructions so that YOU can help too.

1) Like in all projects, you need to register. Enter the mainpage (if you haven't done yet) and click here:

2) After submitting your info, and email, and etc, and clicking on the Register button, it's time to join the Team! Click here to start looking for us:

3) Now of all these categories, what is our Team? Clubs and Fans, of course! (We don't fit in much in any of the others)

4) There we are! Now just click "JOIN" to make part of our Team!

5) I'm registered, I'm in the Team, so when do I start helping? Easy! Go back to the main page once more and click on that button. (Notice how on the left side your donations already started counting)

6) Now you see those big buttons there? Press them all until they're gone!

And that's it! You have done your share for today!
    Note that those buttons only appear once per day. If you repeat a second time the four buttons will not be there. Just repeat steps 5) and 6) once a day whenever you have free time and slowly watch your total land saved value rise.

Any other questions, post them below!

Site Admin
    And because this particular project does not have teams stats beyond the top 10 teams, and stats addicted people like us can't live without the numbers, I thought to myself "what the heck? I'll make my own stats!" :P

I don't have much knowledge or proper means, but even though, here's what I made up with a bit of effort and A LOT of patience (all teams were inserted manually the first time... all 791 of them!)

STATS! :D
    http://neogen.amdusers.com/ecologyfund/ecologyfund.html

That's the summary page, on the lower half you have the links to the teams tables. We are ranked 485th as of this moment, so look for us in the "401-500" page.
    - The stats are updated once a day, between 9 and 10 pm GMT.
    - Any other teams that wish to enter the stats table, post here or email me to the address in the bottom of the page. (read the small fonts)
    - DO read the small fonts on the bottom of the pages. Several things are answered there.
    - DON'T nag me about the bad design of the page! I know it too well!

- Anything else... post here, or write to the email I provided! (It's on the bottom of the page... read it! :P)

I remember clicking on that site a while ago. I didn't know it had teams. I just thought it was just an independent thing like the other donating/saving the enviro. sites.

Site Admin
    Yea, after finding this one I sweeped through all other charity projects I could find and none had teams.

But notice that we got some known teams around here, mostly on the top 10. Seti@Netherlands, The KWSN, Team Picard, Team Anandtech (180th I think)...

Gamer, did you register an account at the time, or just clicked anonymously?

Here are my donations so far:
    NeoGen's Donations:
    3,887.4 sq. ft.
    0.09 acres
    0.04 hectares
    Unfortunately there's no way to track individual stats. Only each person can see its own. If not I would have done a small stats table with ourselves too.

I just registered after I posted my other post. I was clicking anonymously before.

Site Admin
    It's a pity that those first 500sq. feet we get at registration never make it to the team. :?

Even so, I'm looking at it now, and we've gone up at least 5 ranks already. Maybe more by the time I make the update later tonight.

Site Admin
    Better than I expected! We went up 9 ranks at once!

On the development side, I've found and inserted 9 more teams, thus increasing the total number to exactly 800. And in the following days I'll have to open a 9th page as there are even more teams (with >0 points) that had slipped by me at the first sieve.

A work in progress it is!

Site Admin
    893 teams... Now it's final! I can't find any more teams with points out there.

And today we jumped 13 ranks at once, from 480th to 467th! Nice jump team!

I've found a little "exploit". Use serveral browsers to click the buttons. I've noticed it works when I tried with FF and IE. Save around 2 times as much land with 2 browers.

So I guess the theory is that the more browsers you have, the more land you can save. :P

Site Admin
    Now there's an unexpected one! Nice catch!

My guess would be because of the cookies. Most likely each browser creates its own cookie, no? I'm still faithful to IE so I don't know how it works with more than 1 browser.

All I had found was that the "Tell a friend" thing gives you 100 sq.feet for each friend you tell. Sending to my own other email accounts worked perfectly, even several times each. But only works for the first 20 emails sent (2,000 sq.feet). After that it just sends the emails but doesn't count anymore.

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast