Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: BBC Climate Change Experiment

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    We are now effectively in the 3rd place, leaving our previous rank to Free-DC! Great going Team! :D

And we are still growing, with more than 90 members already on the Team.

I like it!

We're not too far off Team Wales either, but what I want to know is...

Can we convince their leading trickler to join us?
    Check out his computers =P~

Site Admin
    Mighty computers some people have.

But look at these weird AMD's I found while browing through the top computers tables...
    http://bbc.cpdn.org/show_host_detail.php?hostid=48670 (AMD Engineering Sample)
    http://bbc.cpdn.org/show_host_detail.php?hostid=100657 (AMD Engineering Sample 00)
    http://bbc.cpdn.org/show_host_detail.php?hostid=16892 (AMD Processor Model Unknown)
    http://bbc.cpdn.org/show_host_detail.php?hostid=7639 (Unknown CPU Typ)

I would especially like to know what's an "Engineering Sample", as the later two might just be boinc bugs in recognizing the cpu.

Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by OtherworldBob
    We're not too far off Team Wales either
    We just got ahead of them too. We're ranked 2nd!!! :greenjumpers:
    :D

I'm thinking that I want to try to get us #1 Time to pull the big dog off Predictor... :twisted:

QUOTE : If you are running the BBC version of the experiment and see a message in the Messages tab advising that there is a new version of BOINC (5.3.31 - which I couldn't find anyway!) available... don't download and install it. It is an update for the full version of the BOINC software... the BBC version is a customised version and installing the new one could cause you to lose you current model/progress.

Also, one of my models failed yesterday at 1942 so it automatically downloaded a new one for that processor! :cry: :roll:

Just joined Boinc climate prediction!

:D Just thought i would drop you guy's a quick line to say that i have joined your climate prediction group today!

Would like to know how to put the climate stat's into my sig.
    Need some advice on how to do this!

Site Admin
    Welcome to the Team 3DBULLY! :D

The BBC climate project is really going strong, and we're pressing hard on it to keep in the top ranks. We need all the help we can get.
    There are several sites that give you sigs with boinc stats. I use the mundayweb one.
    http://www.boinc.mundayweb.com/

You register at it, and then you have options to choose what projects you're on, and it'll ask you for your account key, or you can enter your name and it'll search for you. Then you can customize the colors and stuff and to show it on the sig, just get the BB code that the site provides for your account and put it on the sig space in your account here in the forums.
    And it's done. If you get into many projects like me, the sig will get ridiculously long, so I for example only show a part of the projects I'm in. It can be configured also in mundayweb's site.

Don't hesitate to post if you got any doubts. We're always here to help

Stat's Sig!

Cheers NeoGen for the info on how to display the stat's via my sig.

I hope i won't need anynore help! :?

Thank's in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by blackheath
    QUOTE : If you are running the BBC version of the experiment and see a message in the Messages tab advising that there is a new version of BOINC (5.3.31 - which I couldn't find anyway!) available... don't download and install it. It is an update for the full version of the BOINC software... the BBC version is a customised version and installing the new one could cause you to lose you current model/progress.

Also, one of my models failed yesterday at 1942 so it automatically downloaded a new one for that processor! :cry: :roll:

gutted! 1942! mine is 1927 coming up to 1928 lol! ur way ahead of me lol

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast