Thread: AMD members ranking

AMD members ranking

Hi,

Is it possible to create a ranking for the AMD Users members? Everybody knows that there is competition between teams but their's also competition among members of the same team.
    It is interesting to know who's our top member. So what do you think?

That's hard to say...

On what basis would we create a comparison?

I asked if it was possible.
    I was thinking about something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by em99010pepe
    I asked if it was possible.
    I was thinking about something like this.
    The DC Repository calculations could be used to rank individuals, I would think. You could also exclude everyone that does not belong to our group, just like the Repository does with teams not on their list.
    The idea is definately interesting... but who gets credit for the computers that are for the team? Would those computers get their own user id?

I like the idea but don't know how to do it. I setup an Excel spreadsheet for my own use that attempts to achieve this. However, it is time consuming to complete and I don't complete it often. The way it works is this: take a project, say D2OL, see how many users are in our team (58 as I write this who have completed some work, 3 more are listed but have done nothing so they're excluded), check my rank (2nd & subtract 1) so for D2OL my score is 57 (58-(2-1)). Check the next project, Distributed Folding, 1st of 37, score is 37 and so on. This will give a thoretical maximum score for all the projects I participate in and my personal score.
    Next time I check the stats I can compare my own score.

Now if only I could automate this process and save the data conveniently in a file somewhere.

I like the idea too. I'm 17 and know nothing about programming. I'm very interested though, and who knows, it could spark some people to participate more!

Jeff

you could make some formula by benchmarking each project for a 24hr period as for the team computers is haven't decided on a name yet. Just thought of this name "Anaconda". Any suggestion are more than welcome. Also I need to know what project we plan on making our main project. It would be ideally to set the nodes to run the client as soon as they boot and all this need is start them. I have heard that jave client are impossible not sure how true that is though.

I have several question to make.

1º - I think that each project should have the same weight. What I mean is that if we have 10 projects each one values 1/10 to final formula. What do you think?

2º - I was thinking about creating an excel worksheet with all the necessary data but I want to know if it is possible to upload it to server. After the upload the server should create a table with the rankings.

3º - Each member should upload that worksheet. The worksheet should have the members name as the name of the file.

4º - I'm going to think about the mathematic formula and I would want to send an example to the administrator of this site, so what's the email address?

Here is a possible formula:

SUM((wdbm/wdbt)*wop)*F

wdbm - work done by member
    wdbt - work done by the team
    wop - weight of project
    F - factor

About wop:

There are 27 DC projects: 6 Phys projects, 5 Bio projects, 5 Med projects and 11 maths projects. I will have to think better in here.

About F:

It's a constant to give a big number at the end.

admin@amdusers.com is the email and you are over thinking it. basicly you want it something like how bionic plans on using different projects with only one stats system. How it's done is they benchmark each project with one refernce system. should be something like PROJECTPOINTS*X=100 example would be say fah was benched to get 33 pts per a day and a member did 250pts it would look something like 250*3.33=832.5 pts