Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: # 1 in DC

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin

Hm... I had not really paid much attention to DC-Vault until tonight. Their scoring/ranking system is highly suspect. I don't know how they are getting their results, but those results don't seem to reflect actual team scores.

As an example; In Predictor@Home there are 9 teams getting more than 10,000 RAC per day, yet according to DC-Vault all teams are getting scores less than 9999. DC Vault is showing AMDusers as getting a score greater than 9900, yet our RAC is consistantly less than 6000. I don't know how DC-Vault is acquring their posted scores, but I wouldn't rely upon their results until I knew more about their scoring process. Do we get extra credit because we're so nice?

When I see Free-DC's team RAC of 235,910 and compare it to AMDuser's team RAC of 83,855 (as reported by Boinc 15 minutes ago) I would be hesitant of calling them out, unless you simply wanted to focus multi-team capacity on a specific project - with the knowledge that we are likely to get our rears handed to us sizzling on a platter with a side order of baked potato, dinner rolls and a garden salad (I'll take mine medium-rare and hold the crutons please).

Site Admin
    The DC-Vault's scoring system has nothing to do with the RAC's or the points. It's merely based on the ranking of the team.
    Basically, the maximum score you can have at a project is 10,000 (if your ranked 1st) and the minimum is somewhere below 1,000 (if your last ranked).
    The points for the teams inbetween are calculated depending on how many teams there are on the project.

They got the scoring formula somewhere on their boards, I've seen it a couple of times.

Congratulations

Hello AMDUSERS...

Firstly, Just to clear it up....The following is how the DC-Vault points are calculated

The scoring calculation to determine the team positions within the vault ranking system works as follows:

Overall score = Sum of all category scores
    Category scores = Sum of all projects scores in a category
    Project score = 10000 - ((Position - 1) * (10000 / Total number of teams in the project))
    But thats not the reason for me poping over, I just would like to pass on my congrats for overtaking Free-DC in the Vault..

I would have attached a screen shot but I dont know how to..

Anyway
    Congratulation AMDUsers
    - - - - Rusty - - - -

DC-Vault
    Team Ninja's DC-Vault Click Link Here

Thanks Rusty.

But you're first again, but with a reduced lead. Keep looking in the mirror, we're right behind you.

No we are way behind AMD Users.. You guys are Number 1 in the DC-Vault

2nd again...:banghead:

but you was there and I have the sceeny to prove it :D

Sorry Russ, I got you muddled with Free DC.

We're are back to 2nd, 6000 points behind Free DC. It must have been that last new project added to the stats. It made us jump up 1 spot.

Site Admin
    Yea, we got added before they did.

We'll catch them permanently one of these days... :P

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast