Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: # 1 in DC

# 1 in DC

I think that we should use the championship to boost our levels in projects that are counted on the DC page. we are in second now and if we move up in a few projects we might be able to overtake the #1 team freeDC. that would be a huge achievement for us.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Indeed!

Most of the projects I picked for the contest were projects that needed a boost. In Leiden for example we were around 16th when I announced the contest, then we went up to 13th when I actually started the contest, and now we're 4th!

We also could use a boost on several non-boinc projects, but those are not so linear as the boinc projects and in these last few months we had a surge of new members, thanks to the BBC project, that are also just starting to understand how the DC world runs.

I feel that after this boinc competition everyone will have much more knowledge and experience in DC projects, and how they work. If all goes well, then maybe we could set up an Autumn non-boinc contest? ;)

Why not a week of racing every month??? :-k

Site Admin
    Regular races every month would make it a normal thing. Doing it only once a year turns it into a special occasion. :P

Hehehe. Anyways, I'm all set for SZTAKI for next week. I gotta test some WUs to see how long each are and stuff.

a

the projects that will do the most good are

Physical Science
    -Eon
    -Muon1
    -uFluids@Home

Mathematical
    -EulerNet
    -Prime Sierpinski Problem - PRP
    -RC5-72
    -Riesel Sieve Project - LLR

if we gain in these projects I think that we would give freeDC a run for first place

Re: a

Quote Originally Posted by ahab3333
    if we gain in these projects I think that we would give freeDC a run for first place
    That is a mighty big if :shocked!:

Re: # 1 in DC

Quote Originally Posted by ahab3333
    I think that we should use the championship to boost our levels in projects that are counted on the DC page. we are in second now and if we move up in a few projects we might be able to overtake the #1 team freeDC. that would be a huge achievement for us.
    Uhmmmmmmmmmmmmm I sincerely doubt it. FDC has some massive assets available. :D

I'm sort of a "dual" member. I've been with FDC for a fairly long time, and only crunch on stuff here that doesn't conflict with FDC's goals. Bok of FDC is a good friend and has been for a long time. We were together way back with US-Distributed before we moved to FDC. So to be blunt about it, I couldn't crunch against him/FDC. That's why I only do very limited projects here. Myself, I won't get involved in a contest against FDC. Sorry,

I've looked over some of the lead FreeDC member assets. They could smoke us AMDUsers for lunch and not even get heartburn.

For me I'll keep crunching for Predictor until I get to team 5th place, (or to help the team bump up another position if needed), then I'll put a core back on Climate Prediction as I still have 1000 hours or so left for a WU's completion.

My understanding is that both are DC projects, so I'm already putting out all I can for now. I keep having stability issues with my 4800+ and it seems that no matter what I do it keeps locking up or rebooting. If I could get it to stablize I could get up to 1500 RAC a day. Anyhow, my point is that some of us are already pushing all we can.

Site Admin
    Conclusion.. let's not get ahead of ourselves. :roll:

Free-DC is not the all-mighty Free-DC it was a couple of years ago. And we're not the small team we used to be either.

Little by little we've been gaining on them on the DC-Vault every week. So we have to be patient and keep harvesting more new members to the team if possible. That's how we're gonna get to the top!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast