Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PrimeGrid is having issues...

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    So guys... is PrimeGrid fully stable now?

I'm still in need of at least one more stable project for a race...

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen
    So guys... is PrimeGrid fully stable now?

I'm still in need of at least one more stable project for a race...
    Hi sorry for the late reply have been busy the last few weeks...

Yes PG is finally stable they have fixed thier server WU problems and have just installed two more gigs of RAM on thier server. The project has been running very stable for the past two weeks or so and has not crashed once...

Maybe it is worth a look into...

Regards
    Murray
    Before BOINC: 8778 Seti WUs Crunched

Re: PrimeGrid is having issues...

Quote Originally Posted by Murray
    The first being that those who haven't done so already (if they can) please donate some cash to the buying of RAM for the project {see the projects donations page} so that it can get back on track.
    Not to blow my trumpet or anything...but rather to show that I am not all talk and no walk...on top of the $10 I donated for the new server I donated 20 Euros for the new RAM which will hopefully keep the project on track. Considering I am a student and the South African Rand is not strong...this is what I could afford in my personal capacity...

If anyone who also wants this project to succeed and BOINCstats to run optimally (because PG and BOINCstats. share a server)....I urge you again to consider donating...

Regards
    Murray
    Before BOINC: 8778 Seti WUs Crunched

Re: PrimeGrid is having issues...

If anyone who also wants this project to succeed and BOINCstats to run optimally (because PG and BOINCstats. share a server)....I urge you again to consider donating...
    This project won't succed if they don`t change the method how to treat donaters. I have sent only a small amount (15 Euros) on the 26 of June by PayPal. A couple days later I could not find any sign of my donation at the "donators history" page.
    So I wrote an email to the receiver of the money (an email adress in the netherlands I assume). No response. :evil: :evil: :evil:
    During the next few day two more emails to Rytis. Guess what??? :evil: :evil: :evil: No response. All I wanted to know was, wether the 15 Euros had been received. I don´t care about that little golden crown - like others do. But at least I expect that my name appears in the list of donators which would let me know that the donation has arrived at the right place. I would not mind to donate more to cover the monthly charges for July and even
    August. That won´t hurt me. But I don´t like that ignorant behavior . It´s just not correct to treat donators like that. I hope that Rytis reads this post and starts - if he finds the time - to be more responsive.
    Cheers
    Hermann

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    I hear that Rytis is swamped with work, as he's working on PrimeGrid and Chess960 at the same time. (Plus his real life job, and responsabilities)
    Don't despair there Hermann... if he's away or something he'll return eventually and answer your emails. We just have to be patient. :roll:

Guys, don't forget, PrimeGrid is the next race! (July 10 00:00 -> July 14 23:59)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12