Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Big attack

Maybe we can get the repository to de-list Ubero until they are running something worth computing (anything new). Although that would probably kill us in the ratings.

Contrary to what has been said about my views on the merits or otherwise of Ubero on another DC forum, I believe Ubero is a very good DC platform. Unfortunately those posters were blinded by their own ignorance. I was not saying stop Ubero. I said run something useful to humans instead of the same old tasks. My comments specifically related to one guy's boast about how good they're doing compared to us and several other teams (like MacNN). This was mis-understood by that team to be me ordering them to cease Ubero. Garbage - are they that thick that they cannot read and understand an opinion? My observation that it is a pity they are re-running the same old tasks is echoed here by ArminiusC and Bionic_Redneck (and others have also said same). Scott Hodson once posted at Ubero forum that he thought of switching ubero off but decided it still had a role to play in DC'ing even if it is only to show it still runs, people still run it and derive stats pleasure. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think he said something along the lines of - he'd switch it off when no one ran it anymore.
    I'm sure we could put up a pretty strong challenge to them if we wanted to but why waste cpu cycles?
    One thing this whole episode has done is get them to move cpus from other projects and onto something they are way behind the leaders on. I wonder why they don't target Free-DC in DistributedFolding? Its probably because Free-DC is so well ranked. Its easier to throw jibes at the little guys.

Uumm, looks like this project isn't so dead after all. The very ones who were preaching about "wasteing cycles" are the same ones who have now stepped up there production to desparately hold onto 3rd place.

Interesting....I wonder....? ? ?

At least we don't hide behind the anonymity of "guest" status on the forum.

my 2.06 ghz is killing that 3.2ghz! mwhahahaha!
    Computer Repair in Clarksville, TN
    http://ClarksvillePCRepair.com

Quote Originally Posted by spjeff69
    my 2.06 ghz is killing that 3.2ghz! mwhahahaha!
    Which one?

Koolance@spjeff69 = 1052 yesterday
    P4 3.2@trade805 = 945 yesterday
    Computer Repair in Clarksville, TN
    http://ClarksvillePCRepair.com

Funny, they must be using the Sun java, 'cause that 3.2 should be putting out 1200-1400/day. :shock:

Check Pokerhasi's unit.

Here comes my first post......

I decided to switch on the laptop and help the team a bit more. For some reason the 2.2 mobile athlon chucks out more results than my 2.4 athlons.
    All my machines are running IBM java, it seems to be about 20% faster.

Anyway, I took a look at the Ubero home and got a bit of a shock. I'm currently fastest member :shock:

Btw, this is a nice board.

Stuart

Welcome Ototero. My mum has a mobile XP2400 in her Compaq notebook and I agree with your observation, using IBM Java it flies thru Ubero tasks. It is heaps faster than my P4-2.66 HP notebook.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast