Thread: Athlon FX-53

Athlon FX-53

Have you guys seen the review of this beast over on Tomshardware.com? Even running on the current 940 pin MOBO in 32-bit mode this thing eats those P4 Extreme Editions for lunch. I would think that heads would roll at intel when this happens. They have 10 times the R&D budges of AMD I am guessing and yet they still seem to be neck and neck with AMD. I love it but I would think they could do alot better.....if they wanted or needed to.

Keith

How much is one of those bad boys?
    Computer Repair in Clarksville, TN
    http://ClarksvillePCRepair.com

$787 on here.

http://www.anandtech.com/guides/priceguide.html

I hope to get a A64 3800 in the 939 pin version when it comes out in May. It'll probably take till mid/ late summer to save up though - lol.

Intel is following AMD lately. They are going to release a chip with AMD's 64 bit extensions and they are going to a + rating system. I think it is great that Intel has to follow AMD's lead right now! :D

I also heard that they have plans to put memory controller on cpu one thing that I read not long ago is intel have always had 3dnow in their cpu's so it's no gaint leap for them to use amd's 64bit extensions. I beleive they have an agreement that both companies share cpu instructon and I think the reason they do this is for compatablity.