Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cars!

I wouldn't mind driving a 4x4, but my lancia has done quite a bit of field work as well being a 4x2

Here's a link to Ford Australia's latest version of my beast:

http://www.ford.com.au/range/falcon/...turbosedan.asp

This was taken after some idiot reversed into the driver's door. All fixed now.

I used to be a fanatic when it came to cars, owning in the past a Merkur XR4ti, A Saab 900 Turbo, a Mazada 323 GTX, and the list goes on till I decided that cars are just tools. Cars get me from point A to B and back again, what I do at Point A or B is what really matters. I don't need a chariot to impress anyone, I need a mind to make the difference.
    I would prefer to own a horse right at this moment, they could eat my tall grass from 7 inches of rain in the last week.

But, I own a 2005 Pontiac Sunfire auto, sunroof, A/C, stock everything else: 33 mpg avg. ( the glovebox tells you a geek really does own this car, VOM, VTVM, fox and hound, GPS, Camera, Binoculars and a switch to turn off the fuel pump when left alone in the city - you steal the car with the fuel pump off = you get about 1/4 mile period) The last car I drove told me that owning some expesive car was not what it was meant to be, as someone else figured they wanted to own it more then I did, stolen 2002 Corvette. This Sunfire car is on the bottom of Stolen Car Lists, no one wants one but me!

Over all the cars I have owned in my last 25 years, I would take the Mazda 323 GTX one more time, please. 2nd would be the SAAB 900 Turbo what a blast to drive - built like a tank ( the reason I got rid of it was the fact the headliner started to fall in the middle of my driving habits).

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

So your corvette was stolen???? That sucks, that sucks big time. I hope that never happens to me, because i would cry for a week or so.

as you may or may not know, my previous car (the lancia lybra sw) is no more. i spun it in a corner and crashed into some concrete poles. anyway, this is my new one. its a Lancia Dedra 2.0 ie Turbo HF. it packs 160 horsepower for those interested
    Attached Images Attached Images

I might be adding something new to the list some time soon. You probably all know I replaced the Lancia Dedra Turbo HF with a Land Rover Freelander 1.8 petrol. Now it appears that once you've owned a fast(ish) car you dont want to go slower (as it is at the moment). However, I have my last exam next week wednesday and I already talked to my father about wanting to sell the Freelander and buying a new car. After a long time thinking I have a few candidates for what I could buy (Subaru Impreza GT Turbo, Toyota MR2), but one car has almost come in reach that I would definately like to own. Its a beast, a rear wheel drive monster. The e39 model BMW M5. 4.9 V8, 400 HP

Current ride is a 3 litre S-type V6 Jag

Past cars:
    Peugeot 205 1.1
    Peugeot 205 1.6 GTi
    Peugeot 205 1.9 GTi
    Peugeot 205 Mi 16
    Volvo S40 2 litre
    VW Golf MkII CL

All this talk of cars, especially those ones back in England

When I lived over there I had in order

Ford Fiesta 1.1 !!
    Ford Sierra Sapphire GLS
    Ford Mondeo Si (in Citrine Yellow)

then moved to the US and bought a Mitsubishi Eclipse GT convertible with 210bhp. I loved that car, but then kids and dog came along so I traded it in for a Mitsubishi Montero Sport 4x4.

My wife though has recently bought a 2007 Dodge Charger R/T with a 5.7L HEMI V8 producing 340Bhp. Very nice car to drive..

Is her name Linda by any chance?

How come you had so many fords? You know what FORD is an acronym for right?

Fix
    Or
    Repair
    Daily

no that means
    Found
    On
    Russian
    Dump

or the ever popular

First
    On