Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New project - BOINC - Riesel Sieve

Looks like Bryan is moving the forums to the regular RS forums.

So, to simplify things, I'm moving the forums over to the Riesel Sieve main forums - http://www.rieselsieve.com/forum/ - since most everyone already has an account over there. I'll try and see if there's a way to copy BOINC users over to phpBB, although I bet there will be password issues.

I'll leave the threads here open, but please put new threads over in the new BOINC forums.
    Source: http://boinc.rieselsieve.com/orig/fo...hp?id=385#3632

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    I think it's a good idea. Having to monitor two message boards everyday and answer on both can be very much time consuming. This way he will have more time to focus on what's important.

Could someone put a post on the main Riesel-Sieve BOINC forum saying that Sou’westerly, Account number 3040, does not have an account on the main site. I will hold off creating one in case Bryan wants to use it to test the transfer of user details between the two halves of the project.
    Many thanks dAVE

Edit 240706 Please ignore, Bryan has replied to me and wants me to re-rigister on the new page. dAVE.

Rieselsieve forum is down. I'll try later today for you Dave.

Thanks Vaughan, for some reason I can't sign on as a guest to post it myself.
    I've put 3 boxes on red library in recompense. :D
    dAVE

dAVE I think that RS is down because my pharm is unable to upload completed work on ADSL and Cable connections, I tried browsing to boinc.rieselsieve.com and www.rieselsieve.com by dial-up and broadband and cannot reach either site.

I can reach both sites fine. Though the WUs won't upload.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan
    The project's various sites & servers were unreachable for the last couple of hours due to a DNS problem. It has been resolved - I would have fixed it sooner if I had not been out enjoying Columbus' Jazz & Rib Festival Laughing

BTW, it was really only the Ribs that I went for, but I guess to each his own. Sorry for the downtime.

Bryan
    DNS Issue Resolved

intel dual core

Is this a good project for an dual core intel if I am interested in having small and infrequent connections to the internet?

Hi Jerod,

Welcome aboard the good ship AMDusers!

If you want to have a good project then it all depends on what type you would like to do. Your Dual Core Intel won't be a problem for pretty much any of them!

If you're concerned about the infrequent internet connection then you may be better off with a long project - such as BBC Climate Change (takes approximately 5 months to complete). Or if your internet connections aren't that bad then just set BOINC to have 5 to 10 days worth of work units and go for a project like Rosetta or in fact any BOINC project should do.

Have a look at AMD Users team projects here and ask any questions you want about if they are suitable/fun/challenging etc. http://www.amdusers.com/modules.php?...showpage&pid=7

Lastly, I would avoid Riesel Sieve for the time being as it is still in testing and so it isn't really appropriate for systems that do not have permanent or regular internet connections as the developers need to retrieve the results asap.

Hope this helps,

BH

Beerknurd, check your PM's.
    Bryan
    Stats Administrator
    BOINC Developer
    Riesel Sieve Project
    http://www.rieselsieve.com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast