Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New project - BOINC - Riesel Sieve

So RS is now favoring AMDs huh. Guess I'll leave since I have a P4. But I do want to help out w/ the Alpha/Beta.

Just how much of an advantage does one get w/ an AMD CPU compared against Intel's?

Gamer, my 4200 is crunching the new work units at about 49½ minutes each. I had a nice switch over to the new units after the DNS hiccup, did you go OK?. dAVE

http://boinc.rieselsieve.com/orig/re...hp?userid=3035

Those are my results. The new WUs are taking me over an hour. But I'll continue RS to help w/ the Alpha/Beta.

That is interesting. For your WU 11460 you claimed 56.96 credits but were only granted 12 credits. Presumably there is now a cap on what you can claim for one WU because the quorum is still only 1. That is going to upset a lot of people with optimised clients. :bad-words: dAVE
    Edit: Yep, looks that way, Evil-Dragon had his claim cut back to 12 credits too, can not see anyone else at this time who has returned a new WU with a claim over 12. dAVE

Dave - the cap may be unintended, I'll check the validator and see what that's all about. Since I wasn't sure how much credit was going to be claimed, I'll see.

Gamer- it's purely a speed advantage, and with a fast enough P4, it shouldn't bring you down too much. I've tried to make the work units smaller so that they won't take an extremely long time on any proc. However, the AMD's will be faster overall.
    Bryan
    Stats Administrator
    BOINC Developer
    Riesel Sieve Project
    http://www.rieselsieve.com

My 2nd long WU has taken 12 credits as well.

Alright, I'm fine w/ my P4 and RS. Just wondering how big of an advantage. But it balances out w/ the credits. :P

Yes, it was an unintended cap. I've boosted it (although gamer I wonder why your credit is coming in much higher than every other user), and will go back and fix the 15 or so wrong work units later this evening.

Bryan, he is using an optimised client that uses SEE2 or 3 and so gives higher benchmarks. dAVE.

I guess 12 is the limit then....

12 isn't the limit any more, although I'll check around on how the scores are coming out and set an official new limit. It's been raised a bit though to compensate (as all of the units are coming back > 12 basically)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast