Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New project - BOINC - Riesel Sieve

Rectilinear is out of work, so all cylinders are firing on this project. We will see how it goes. These are alot shorter WU's. I like that....

Quote Originally Posted by dAVE
    Bryan, he is using an optimised client that uses SEE2 or 3 and so gives higher benchmarks. dAVE.
    Ya, I was. SSE2 optimized. I apologize for that. As long as the cap is resonable, I don't mind. 30 credits (that seems to be set now) seems alright.

No worries - ignorance on my part really. Not up on optimized clients & such. Looking at it, though, only your clients are way over 30, there's a couple right at the 31-32 level, and many in the low to mid 20's, some reaching 26-27. So, 30 it is for now, as that seems to be reasonable and not allow run-away credit.

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    Just a quick reminder that Riesel(BOINC) is still in Alpha stage and we need (for our own good ) to give bryanRS, and the RS team, consitency in the Alpha-phase to glean stable results from the new framework before applying the optimised clients, which I hope will come in a Beta 1 or Beta 2 phase. There are no approved optimised clients "yet", but there will be.

The jjSieve programmers are careful and consciencious coders, so they did prepare some optimised clients. bryanRS has noted that it is planned that Riesel(BOINC) will apply the optimised clients to the CPUs that can handle them, in the long run.

Also, an update on the start-up....bryan and the team need to cross check all the alpha results and look into the plattform responses, but I expect them to confirm that the alpha launch has gone REALLY well and, at least, a further 1 or 2 alpha cycles to occur before they cry "BETA!"

I, for one among many, am tremendously impressed with the speed and maturity that bryanRS and the RS team has implemented BOINC testing and do here-bye tip this as one of the worlds most successful BOINC projects to-be.

Well done RieselSieve.

Plough the road!

At least I have joined our team an will give it a boost.

Lagu :D
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

Welcome Back Lagu !

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

I haven't looked at any of the boinc stuff with riesel, but was just curious in reading this thread. Is there a linux client, and if so, how does it perform in comparison with the windows client?

With RS, they don't have a Linux client yet. Should have one very soon and I look for it to be slower than the Windoz client.

Quote Originally Posted by Nflight
    Welcome Back Lagu !
    Thank you Nflight. I´m always happy among my AMD-friends.

Lagu ;) :D
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

Ok, Nflight asked me to come here and help out, so I came. But I have to tell you I just don't see the value of this particular Boinc project. What lives can be saved? What knowledge will be gained that can improve our understanding of the universe, or that will help us to understand what is happening to our planet?

Don't blink else I'll be looking for an excuse to scoot back to a more vital project with a higher purpose...

But for now I suppose the goal is to get back the first place position that the gentle people from down under have taken from the team?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast