Thread: AMDUsers/short-media

AMDUsers/short-media

Not many of us are running folding but I made an offer to team Short-media in exchange for members of their team that want to run lifemapper run it for AMDUsers and in return we would help them in return. naturally I can only speak for myself. I would like to know how people actively folding for AMDUsers feels about this idea and if they think it would benifit our team in the long run.

Do you mean we are joining the teams?

I can't make that decision for anyone just need to know if it could benifit us to do so

DO they have a website?
    Computer Repair in Clarksville, TN
    http://ClarksvillePCRepair.com

Looks like they are very strong (#9 in world, we are >600th) in Folding @ Home but don't see them mention any other DC projects. They are 33rd in the DC Repository and we are 12th.

yes they only have a few oddballs in other projects. I guess thats the only way you can get any where in folding@home. I haven't really thought of this before but the better developed a project is the harder it is to become number one. I know some people do pay homage to the dc repository but it's not all that. If someone really wanted to be in the spotlight in the realm of DC you need to get lucky and make some type of breakthough. now if your computer was resposible for curing some disease then that would happen but when the project is over it's wiped from the dc repository.

Are you not an AMDUsers believer any longer :?: :?: :?: :?:

From Short-Media forum:

res0r9lm (AKA Bionic_Redneck)
    Short-Media Believer

Re: Folding@Home Front Page is online!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Leonardo
    It's not like the S-M team leadership can give any of our members permission one way or the other. All of our members' commitments are personal, except for those hosting SMX, team-owned donated computers. Personally, I don't know of any of our members who are involved in the Lifemapper program. Wish I could be more helpful. Perhaps you should start a thread asking if there are any Lifemapper participants here.
    Looks like they are not very interested in this idea.

LINK

http://short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12027

I don't think they will have very many people running lifemapper. I know they do have people running DF, SETI, and dpad or should I say have run. The only way I can see folding@home being more competive for us is to have a subteam on another team. being part of a 3 man fah team in the top 1000 isn't a goal of mine.