Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MJ12: Need help!

MJ12: Need help!

It seems that I have been left on my own trying to keep the team from loosing another place. Our numbers over the last 30 days are terrible.

What happened to the 5 people that was running MJ12 when i last looked?

Unfortunatly I cannot increase my urls done in a day at the moment due to the fact that i'm down to only 1 net connection at the moment and probably will be for the forseeable future.

XtremeSystems are going to blast us pretty soon.

When i get my new ISP i will definetly help you. Embarq said it is unlimited. I'm getting a 5Mbit/640Kbit package. I'll prolly use up what's left of my banwidth on my old ISP today and tomorrow on MJ-12.

I'll run some, but my ISP bitches a lot. I'm staying in a B&B for the rest of the week, I'll use their bandwidth

I´m afraid it´s too late. The most I can do is about 200.000 per day. Not more than 2 days and we get toasted. :evil:
    I noticed that right now only 3 of the team are running this project.

It's been hard keeping my connection on and i doubt if i will be able to use it. I am getting my new ISP tomorrow, but i'm not sure if that would be able to crunch enough buckets.

I was runnin MJ12 a while back on my 900 Mhz. problem is i got folding running 24/7 on it now and i really cant run MJ12 and a cpu intensive project at the same time, really destablizes the system. I may be able to work something out on the 3Ghz to get some buckets done, it can handle both no problem. Unlimited 5Mb cable so i should be able to make a dent.
    In wildness is the preservation of the world, so seek the Wolf in thyself...

Notice: I've been at Majestic-12 for less than 48 hours.

gamer007 and NeoGen, consider this fair warning...

I'll try to remember to look for you and wave as I go speeding by.

Go, unlimited DSL, go.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    I've wasted 80% of my monthly bandwidth on Boitho last week... in just a few days

I had a nasty discussion with my Broadband provider over my participation in Majestic 12, they won, I lost. I can't play there anymore.

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Running Majestic at 100% upload and download and Boinc will run out of WU's because it cannot communicate. Run it at 90% up and down and it has significant trouble. Boinc seems to survive OK when Majestic is running at 80% up and down - but it is still difficult to browse the web.

Even on snooze-all MJ doesn't seem to want to stop and let go of comm resources. But then I also have Dimes running in the background (I cannot seem to figure out how to stop it).

I suppose that if I wanted to squeeze every bit of capacity out of my system I could set Einstein@Home to download several days worth of WU's, then turn MJ back to full throttle for those several days. But I don't like it when my system needs me to baby sit it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast