Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone plan on trying this project

Anyone plan on trying this project

http://www.people.iup.edu/vmrf/

I started running this earlier today. This will be a good project for dail up. you just email results back once a month. should be good for nonet too

Help required

I'll try it with you but how do you set it up? I created an output.txt file in the Sub-directory I made for it. Now it says to enter a value for k. What do I put in here? The Forum is ULTRA confusing as their is no mention of the kn2plus1 project just lots of Prime stuff I don't understand. The site doesn't explain what the k is either.
    Any help appreciated.

Update:
    I entered k min=5000000 (5 million)
    and k max=10000000 (10 million)
    and used exp=1 and it started. I don't know where to enter any Team related information. Maybe this will happen after 60 minutes when it writes to the output file.

Edit:
    Scratch this - see William Garnett's instructions in the next thread please.

I emailed vmrf@iup.edu to get started. Once got a reply I downloaded prp.tgz and the input.txt as per the instruction in email then I started client w/ menu "./prp -m" and went to Test/Input Data
    Code:
    Your choice: 1

Input file (from NewPgen): : input.txt
    Output file (for proth.exe): : output.txt
    Line number (1): ****
    I also got the line numbers for my machines in email. then I when test/exit and started client again with ./prp -d but I think you can go straight to test/continue

starting new thread with instructions

Hi Ralph (Bionic) and Vaugh,

I am starting a new thread now with instructions for all.

regards,
    william

Just want you to know it takes 11.11hrs per task on an Athlon XP3200+ with 1 GB DDR400 RAM under WinXP-PE SP1.

I did the last one in 10 hrs I have slowed down cpu a little don't want to show up that 3200+ 2 much with a little ole 1800+ :shock:

Same here

I have 5h and something and already have 55% complete, on idle and using the Pc at same time, on my AMD Athlon 1900+, 512M Ram (SDRam) ;)

just finshed another one. time server 10.02 hrs and I built a few packages and workstations are doing one every 15-16 hrs or so. I think speed depends on more than just how fast cpu is.

I followed the link William posted on the Mersenne Forum and although I do not run this project "atm" I do try to keep an eye on the progress of the project. Being involved in several other "organized" prime searches presently leaves little in way of resources to contribute to this one at this time. However that should change in the near future.
    I hope that all who join in William's project will enjoy the search and find a prime worthy of the Top 5000

'On a different note, I have been known to do a little Seti@Home from time to time and being without a "team" I've dropped my Seti@Home account into your team.'

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast