Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Riesel Sieve Down Now

Riesel Sieve Down Now

Riesel Sieve has been down since last night and I'm completely out of WUs and thats sucks big time. Had my queue set at .3

I noticed too. Most systems will run dry in the next few hours. I changed my cache from about 4 or 5 days to 0.5 day only recently. Might have to set it at 10 when the work gets released again so that I can survive the droughts.

/Edit: I have left mine on 0.5 day as Bryan has requested that we don't horde work units as big dumps cause the server to have problems. /edit.

Riesel Sieve Down Now

One system is dry and the other is dwindling as we speak. I had a good run there, but these dry spells also means B@A might lose interest as well and take this to move out of here. Just a thought~!
    Vaughan I gave it my all the last couple days as you requested, I think I made a tremendous dent. I know I have been looking over the numbers of everyone who jumped in and there has been tremendous support to keep us at number one.

Congratulations Team Effort :D

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Yeah I agree Nflight. Thanks for your support and to the rest of the team too.

Well done crew :!:

I will also change my cache to something like 3 to 4 days

In a cornfield about 35 miles east of St. Louis
    I still have 2 machine chugging along. It should be funny when they come back up. With all the finished wu's uploading it might shut them right back down.
    Me transmitte sursum, caledoni!

I am totally against political jokes....I've seem to many of them elected!!

Has anyone read the forums of Riesel Sieve.
    There they is planning to double the size of the WU to 500 whish I think mean if a WU takes 25 min now it will take 50 minutes.

I´don´t know if I have understand it right but I will set the time for connecting from 10.0 to 0.1 to see how long it takes.

Right now they have server issues.

Lagu
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

yes lagu i saw that, its on the front page as well.

double the size of each WU means double the time to crunch. So each person should not bombard the server as much, they will send/recieve more data each time tho.

changing the connection time will increase/decrease the amount of work you receive. Setting it to 0.1 means you would contact the server a lot of times, 10 being the other exteme means you are likely to connect infrequently (once every 10 days) - they point out on the front page dont stock pile too many WU and send all at once as their servers can't handle it.

Can't connect, must still be down..

Check the announcements forum for updates...
    http://www.rieselsieve.com/forum/vie...cc78dd6493c936
    Before BOINC: 8778 Seti WUs Crunched

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast