Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Riesel Sieve Down Now

That was the ticket....Thanks

It looks like Riesel is down again...
    Before BOINC: 8778 Seti WUs Crunched

Yup down for me too. I have no WU's left to crunch.

Crunching proteins@home instead on both machines.

Wink

Evil-Dragon wrote
    Crunching proteins@home instead on both machines.
    Bang goes my first place :qright1:
    Oh well at least we will at last get above Team USA :icon_salut:
    dAVE

Depends on how fast i can crunch. You might still keep first place because i hear on the grape vine that NanoHive@Home is going to have a lot of WU's next week. So i might be crunching those instead

Why not Tanpaku for a while and help us move to the first place?
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

I'll run both and keep both sides of the fence happy

Thank you for keeping an eye on the projects
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

Earlier this week, for 2 days, I had tried to set mine to 10 days and couldn't get any work to do at all. I was told to not set it over 7 days. At present my system is set to .5

If they aren't beck up by the time I get home from work I'll be turning Einstein back on.

From our forums...Basically, one problem got combined with about 3 other unfortunately-timed problems...Sorry about the troubles!

Outage from about 22:00 EDT (02:00 UTC) last night ran until about 15:50 EDT (19:50 UTC) this afternoon. Let's go over what I have now as to why:

Some storms moved through the Cincinnati area last night, the connection to the server went out around 21:30-22:00. Service came back up at about 23:00 EDT. However, there was not access to the server itself - no known cause.

When Lee arrived home at about 01:00, he rebooted the servers, things seemed to be running. By about 02:00, things had gone out again.

At 10:00 EDT this morning, I tried getting to the servers, but everything was hung up. I contacted Lee to get things running.

At about 11:30 EDT, a major fiber line was cut in Central Ohio, and I lost my ability to access the internet.

At about 12:00, Lee restarted the web server again and brought the website back on line. However, the DB server had blocked the server because of too many errors.

At about 15:45, I contacted AT&T and found out about the fiber cut (I had talked to them earlier about my connection problems, they had no known cause at the time, but filed a trouble ticket). They informed me how to use (brace yourselves if you're not sitting down) dial-up to access the 'net, as there was no ETA for the repair.

I restored DB access for the server, changed some load settings for apache, and brought things back on line. As of the time of this post (16:00/20:00 UTC), RS is back to normal. Sorry about the much longer delay than was anticipated - but someone other than me caused it Wink
    Bryan
    Stats Administrator
    BOINC Developer
    Riesel Sieve Project
    http://www.rieselsieve.com

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast